Kind and Loving Home wante for a Blind Golden Retriever

An eight year old blind Golden Retriever urgently seeking a new home due to his owner having passed away. He is good with other dogs, children etc. Has pet passport. Deceased owner's family will put him down if no home can be found.

Please search your hearts and see if you have room and kindness to take him (Sammy) into your home and life.

[quote user="Protegimus"]An eight year old blind Golden Retriever urgently seeking a new home due to his owner having passed away.

Has pet passport.

Deceased owner's family will put him down if no home can be found. [/quote]

Posting a photo - and adding a bit more detail - usually helps to find a loving home.

Sue

I have no further information. I posted this appeal on behalf of a lady who is urgently seeking a home for him. She has posted this appeal on anglo info Normandie and anglo info Loire, and I am just trying to help spread the qppeal. He is also posted on the Total France forum under pets or animals and I believe a picture of him is on there.

I just read the thread on AngloInfo where it says Sammy became almost blind at the age of eighteen months.  So he has always been used to that.  Please don't think this is a handicap as they manage incredibly well using their nose.  We have one and you would hardly know she is blind.

When we came to live down here we came with a blind Podenco and I was wondering how he would manage in new unknown surroundings.  He soon found his way around and knew where everything was by walking carefully and sort of pointing with his front feet before putting them down.

So many of these dogs help blind people, now if only someone could return that by helping Sammy.   [:)]

Hello all,

I know Sammy well, his owner was a friend of mine who died 2 weeks ago. There are also 3 cats, 2 black and white and one tabby with one ear missing due to cancer. But back to Sammy, the blindness does not affect this very happy and friendly dog and I would have taken him and the 3 cats if it hadn't have been for my own cat who I know would not take kindly to sharing her home. I do hope someone will be kind enough to come forward and give him a home as he is a lovely dog.

Edit:

Someone this evening has offered Sammy a home - I shall now be one of many who will sleep better tonight. Thank you one and all........BUT there is still Mignon a little tabby with one ear missing - please can someone take her as well?

After trying loads of times I've finally managed to log on using our old e-mail address which I'd forgotten about. Sammy is coming to live here with us and we are so looking forward to it. We just have to sort out picking him up as it's going to be quite a journey for him and the lady who is kindly looking after him wants to get him a bit more used to the car first. I can assure everyone we will do everything we can to help Sammy settle in and enjoy his new life with us. We feel very happy at the thought of sharing our home with him and we are so looking forward to many happy doggie times together.

Many thanks to everone for their kind wishes.

Gill

Hi Brian,

Gaynor's (sammy's owner) daughter in law has just come over from the UK for a few days and would like to get in touch with you. I can't pm you as you haven't made that facility available but if you don't mind, and would like to let me have your contact phone/email by pm-ing me, I can then pass it on to her as she lives next door to me and she can then use my phone/PC. She knows Sammy very well obviously and would like to know how he gets on and could help with advice on the travelling aspect.

Regards, Chris

Edit: since posting, the email/pm has miraculously arrived on the screen so I've now pm'd you.

Hi Chris

I pm'd you back yesterday but as I've not heard anything I'm not sure you received it. If not if you could pm me again with your phone number I can call you with mine.

Regards

Gill

I know I've said this before, but I will continue to say it so long as I keep reading wonderful endings like this one!  It's just the greatest forum for helping animals with some truly dedicated people working so hard to make things better and some equally lovely people prepared to open their hearts and homes.  Long may it continue and people, your rewards are in the eyes of those you have saved.......always. 

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone, Sammy here.

I just want to let everyone know that my new mum & dad picked me up yesterday and brought me to my new home. I think I may have landed well & truly on my paws here. My new home is lovely. There are lots of lovely new bushes & things to sniff and plenty of nice trees to cock my leg on. I also have lots of new friends. Katie, Surprise, Zebedee & Dillan, the horses, Dolly & Tiddly-Pom,the little sheep and Rodney, Mum, Big Foot & Snowy, the chooks.

I think it may be hard work training my new mum & dad but I'm sure if I'm patient they'll get there in the end. My dad seems to learn quite fast but not so sure about mum......bless her! I didn't fancy my doggie tea last night and my new dad even cooked me some sausages instead. Start as you mean to go on........ that's what I say!

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone for caring about me and a very special thank you to my carers for looking after me so well and finding me such a lovely new home. I think my old mum & dad would be very happy!

Lots of love & big sloppy kisses

Sammy xxxxx

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/sammychien/SDC10337.jpg

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/sammychien/SDC10331.jpg