EZIA - young female German Shepherd cross - amputee

Anyone out there for Ezia?  She is about one year old, arrived at the Refuge in Cahors with a badly injured front foot which meant she had to have her leg amputated.  It is thought she might have been thrown from a car!  She was then fostered by one of the Refuge staff to give her the best chance of recovery.  She has indeed fully recovered from her operation.  But her foster family cannot keep her and she needs a loving permanent home as soon as possible. 

[IMG]http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx241/FRANCOISE46/PHOTOS%20REFUGE%20CANIN%20CAHORS%20%20TEL%200565226632/4Ezia42.jpg[/IMG]

Ezia is not very big for an Alsatian type dog, is very playful and faithful and used to other dogs, cats and children.  If anyone needs any more information, please let me know or contact the Refuge on: 05.65.22.66.32

Jouals

Someone on AngloInfo Normandy is looking to get a dog when they move to France in 2 weeks time ...very experienced home..so I've sent them this thread....she looks such a darling!!!!!

PS I don't know why I read this site..it constantly breaks my heart!

PPS Our 2 rescued setters are GREAT!!!

I forgot to mention that Ezia has also been spayed.  She has completely recovered from her amputation op and has no health issues related to this.  She is a beautiful dog and has quickly adjusted to life on 3 legs!

Jouals

• 2 months later...
I have just found out that poor Ezia has been returned to the Refuge in Cahors as her foster home can no longer keep her.  As you can imagine - she is very very stressed about this, having got used to being with a family for some weeks!! 

Is there anyone out there for this lovely dog???

Jouals

• 2 months later...
It's time to get this poor girl back up to the top of the list again!  She is STILL at the Refuge after having been returned there by her foster family who could no longer keep her.  Can you imagine getting used to being in a lovely new home and then - shock, horror, back to the Refuge! 

Anyone out there for her???   Let me know... I shall try and post some more photos asap, she looks a lot sadder now than she used to!! 

Jouals

Hello Lisa

Ezia is used to being with other dogs, both in the Refuge and when she was fostered for some months during her convalescence after her op.  She is spayed too.  I think she is house-trained as she lived with a family.  She had some training with her foster family - she is very intelligent and learns quickly.  She is a small dog for an Alsatian-type and is very sociable with other dogs, cats and humans.  She is very lively and just waiting to be given the chance to blossom in a new home. 

If you are interested and can get to Cahors (a bit of a trek for you!), the best thing would be to come and see her?  We will need a bit more info about your situation too  - have you got other pets (I was so sorry to read you had your old dog PTS last year), enclosed garden etc - you can PM me if you prefer. 

She could be fostered - but hopefully with a view to adoption - as it would be too awful for her to have to return to the Refuge for a 2nd time!  There is a form to fill in for fostering and a €20 subscription fee to the Refuge. 

She is a lovely girl who deserves a loving home - she will make a great companion with the right family.  She is only young, so there is plenty of time to train her and settle her in to a new life with a loving family.

If you need any more information, let me know.

Jouals

Just come in and seen the latest messages.  Many thanks Merlin!  You are a treasure! 

Lisa, yes, if things looked seriously possible for her to come to you - we could arrange a co-voiturage somehow.  I have just seen your PM (thanks!) and will get back to you re that asap.

Jouals

Fantastic news!!!  Ezia has been adopted today by a lovely English couple and has gone off to her new home  in the country - she is one lucky girl!!  She will now enjoy a new life with 5 acres of fenced land to roam free with 2 new friends (also rescue dogs) - a  young border collie and an elderly golden Labrador (he will be relieved that Ezia can take over from him in keeping up with the collie!).  There will be even less room for humans in front of the fire from now on!  There are also other rescued friends to get to know: 2 horses, sheep and 4 cats. 

Thank you so much to Ezia’s new owners for coming to get her today!!  And many, many thanks to Merlin for all her help too!!!

Jouals

[IMG]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/Jouals/100_5733.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/Jouals/100_5735.jpg[/IMG]

Just had a call from Linda to say that Ezia had a run in the fields with the other dogs and is now crashed out on her bed fast asleep and very happy!  They love her and are amazed at how good she is AND how beautiful!  She has met the horses and sheep and was fine - good as gold all round and before she fell asleep Linda said she has now got a new shadow!  She loves her to bits and can't believe how lucky they are to have finally got her.  I will be posting some more pictures of her on here and also my blog page in the next few days.  I am so happy for this lovely lovely dog!