my silly dog ...

chocccie

... has started taking a chunk of (dry) food out of her dish .... walking around the settee, onto the rug, where she eats it.  Then goes back, gets another bit and does the same.

It was really funny when she first did it, but I don't want her eating her grub on the rug!

(they don't normally get fed in the living room ... they have on occasions, but she's never done this before).

Any ideas?   Serious or otherwise?? [:P]

[quote user="chocccie"] ... has started taking a chunk of (dry) food out of her dish .... walking around the settee, onto the rug, where she eats it.  Then goes back, gets another bit and does the same.

It was really funny when she first did it, but I don't want her eating her grub on the rug!

(they don't normally get fed in the living room ... they have on occasions, but she's never done this before).

Any ideas?   Serious or otherwise?? [:P]
[/quote]
 Mine is worse[:-))]

When we give her the left overs from a roast dinner, she pulls out all the meat which is covered in gravy and takes it to the the mat by the front door!!!!

Both my dogs do that, the springer spaniel and the jack russel.....the springer loves old bread, and he will never eat in the house, he'll have the french stick in his mouth and he will look at me with the most pathetic look possible directly in my eyes until I open the door whereas he will run to the far corner of the garden, hide and eat!  My little jack with take individual carrots (don't ask why) from her bowl to the mat by the door and eat it there........strange behavoiur!

My Pinscher/Chihuahua cross takes individual pieces out of her bowl and jumps up on the dog sofa and eats it there. The Bichon just sits at his bowl and munches through 'till all is gone. Woe betide him, however, if he pops round to the other dog's bowl as she will fly down from the sofa in a flash to berate him.

Aren't we daft with animals!

I once had a cat who lived with me and she was poorly (not ill, just a bit poorly) .... so I gave her some tapioca or semolina or something like that, which she had a taste for.

But I was sitting on the floor next to her while she ate and was turning the saucer around so she didn't have to overstretch her little neck to the other side of the saucer when she's eaten what was on the closest side. [:$]

Imagine if somebody had walked in and seen me ... what could I possibly say, except the truth.

[quote user="Barbel Bob"]My silly dog eats her dinner every day this way.......takes each individual biscuit to the back door mat and then goes back for another after she has eaten it!! It takes her some time to eat![:D][/quote]

Ah, but I bet she enjoys every mouthfull.

Mine will sometimes do this as well particularly when the tiles are cold. He will go to a warm spot to eat his morsel and then back again. I have sometimes placed a mat for him to stand on while eating which he seems to like.