A Kitty at Christmas Time? Now re-homed, thank you all.

glynis

2 weeks ago we were adopted by a beautiful white and black kitten.  She arrived one night on our kitchen windowsill, looking hopefully through the window at the food being prepared on the worktop.  She was skinny, but in reasonably good health.  Because of our 2 cat chasing dogs, the kitten has been fed and warmed in our garage since then.

She is very friendly, clean and just wants to sit on our lap and purr the day away.  She tries to follow us upstairs to the lounge where our dogs are, we have tried to bring her into the house but our dogs wont entertain her and mayhem begins.

She needs to be part of a family, although she is being fed and watered she is a very lonely soul down in the garage. She wants human company, and loves being scratched behind the ears and have her tummy rubbed.  We cant give her the love and attention she needs.

Please........is there anyone out there who could give this lovely cat a warm and friendly home?  To be part of a happy family at Christmas would be fantastic for her.[:)]

I'm a newby on this site and have loved reading some of your posts.....what terrific work you are all doing in advising and helping to rehome pets.

I am in Deux Sevres, dept 79, but would be happy to travel to give 'Kitty' a good home.

Please email me and I will send pictures.

Is there anything else I need to include on this post???

We too have been adopted by cats, we took in a feral kitten about six months ago and she's been one of the family every since.

Then another cat appeared on the doorstep. Mr. Nectarine said "no more cats" so we fed her on the doorstep to keep her as a garden cat. She has rewarded us well, catching mice and rats and bringing us the occasional rabbit as well!

But somehow she's worked her way into the house (yes I am a softie) and has been sleeping on the armchair and Mr. Nectarine mumbled something about "OK, two cats is enough" so I think she's safe.

But, this morning, I opened the door and there was a little kitten sitting on the mat. She ran a few steps away from me but has taken a bowl of milk and some food. But there's just the one. Where are they coming from? Surely there should be a litter of them around?

I'm too soft and should dearly love to take in a third but where does it stop ...?

So good luck with finding your kitten a home. Unless, like me, you have every intention of giving them away and end up taking them in. I shall end up a mad old lady with a house full of cats ....

Hi Nectarine,

Been sat at this computer now for 3 hours finding my way around this site.........how to include photos and reading other posts, will probably spend most of the day searching and reading..........but its snowing and not much else to do at the moment so trying hard to rehome Kitty.

Thanks for your support, would dearly love to bring Kitty into the home, but my dogs are making life hell for us all here trying to get at the cat.[:)]

Well done, she looks like a cutie and she's melted my heart so hopefully she'll melt others and find a new home..

One tip, next time make the photo a bit smaller 800x600 is more than enough and avoids the situation where you have to sideways scroll to see it all.

Hi Liz,

We would be happy to meet you halfway if this would help, possibly nr to Blois? 

Kitty is a lovely little thing but really does need to have a mistress/master and our garage is just not 'loving' enough for her.  She's also at that playful stage at the moment where she loves rolling around with a ball of wool and chasing non-existent bits of fluff.

If you would be able to offer her a home we would both have the happiest christmas EVER..

Sounds like a beautiful Christmas tale .. [;-)]

Hope you can find an arrangement to meet half way.

I adore cats, but I also have a cat chasing dog, one cat, ours, is enough for him.. My other dog is just indifferent;..

She'll be safer elsewhere, thanks for what you re doing Lizfjr!

Hi everyone,

Fingers crossed, it looks like a nice home has been found for Kitty, we are just sorting out the details of the 'adoption'.

Thank you all so much for your help and advice and especially Lizfjr for being so kind and hopefully re-homing her.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Glynis

Hi Everyone,

Yes Kitty is going to get a happy 2010........she will be handed over to her new mistress Liz on Wednesday.

Kitty is becoming absolutely adorable at the moment and I know that Liz will fall in love with her.

Thanks very much for all your help and advice,

A happy ending.........................

Glynis