November 20 strike

Lori

Does anyone know if the proposed November 20th strike will affect only primary schools or will colleges and lycees take part??

I've searched the web and all I can find are articles asking for full participation, nothing seems clear.

"Les écoles maternelles et élémentaires risquent d'être fortement perturbées le 20 novembre prochain."

from Le Figaro

suggests to me it's just the primary sector.

On the other hand it also says

"Ce mouvement sera la temps fort d'une semaine d'action dans toute l'Education nationale (17-21 novembre)"

but it sounds like the strike  in the Primarieswill be the high point, so perhaps no strike elsewhere

Thanks Norman.  Yes, I saw that and several other articles asking other members of the various unions to participate.  I just couldn't find where a decision had been made.  Guess I'll just have to wait for daughter's college to let us know - I'm sure at the very last minute.

[quote user="Lori"]Thanks Norman.  Yes, I saw that and several other articles asking other members of the various unions to participate.  I just couldn't find where a decision had been made.  Guess I'll just have to wait for daughter's college to let us know - I'm sure at the very last minute.

[/quote]

I teach in a high school, so I'll see how it goes on thursday, I'll let you know if " collèges " and " lyçées" are likely to follow..

It makes you wonder how they find the time to go on strike.   [:D]

Our neighbours both work at the same Monday to Friday boarding school for special needs children as non-teaching staff. By the end of this week they will have worked just four days in the last three weeks (which of course included the half term hols).   [6]

[quote user="Benjamin"]It makes you wonder how they find the time to go on strike.   [:D]

Our neighbours both work at the same Monday to Friday boarding school for special needs children as non-teaching staff. By the end of this week they will have worked just four days in the last three weeks (which of course included the half term hols).   [6]

[/quote]

Don't get me started.