How to avoid speeding fines in France

dogwood

Hi 5-E

Perhaps I should practice my spelling, Instead of posting stoopid fings [:P]

I edited it now.

If i was hard board I would be soft by now ( Rain!!! not what u r finkin[blink])

Dogwood 

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/muddypaws4x4/a5632e9d.jpg[/IMG]

Dont rush to reregister your car, have an inability to speak French etc etcSmile [:)]

Worked for me initially, I could barely speak french but couldn't resist trying with the Gendarme after he said "you drive SO fast" by asking if he really wanted to pay me a compliment.

Now if you want to know how to avoid paying speed camera fines, congestion charge, parking tickets etc in England I think most of us already have that ability!

This reminds me of a friend who, caught for speeding on her first day in a new job in Cincinatti. She did her best English eyelash fluttering girly-wirly, "Oh I'm so sorry, I'm new in your wonderful country" act and he let her off.

The next day in the same place at the same time - he didn't.

Hoddy

Is it true that speed cameras will miss you if you are doing over 170mph?  I seem to remember something of the sort being tried on TopGear some years ago.  They used a Lambo for the experiment but I don't recall if it worked.

I vaguely recall fragments of an almost certainly apocryphal tale I was once told of a policeman, a speed gun, and a jet fighter flying just above one of the roads crossing Salisbury Plain.  The speed supposedly recorded was preposterous - really hope it was true.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]It did work on Top Gear.  As you say, at about 170 mph it missed the car completely.  Amusing as it is, i don't think I would take TG as gospel.  I seem to remember the UK speeding record is 185mph set by a motorbike[/quote]

This was a Honda Fireblade & he had a passenger - got 2 years?

[quote user="Mark"]I vaguely recall fragments of an almost certainly apocryphal tale I was once told of a policeman, a speed gun, and a jet fighter flying just above one of the roads crossing Salisbury Plain.  The speed supposedly recorded was preposterous - really hope it was true.[/quote]

This is another "dog in the microwave" - there is always the variant where the copper is in the highlands & is locked onto by a passing RAF fighter ...

If he's board (especially twice), then perhaps Dogwood is really Plywood?

Sorry Dick but if you think that then you are being a plank and barking up the wrong tree. Sometimes I branch out and not stick to the subject but I wood think that is oak a.

I'm going to log off now and do some house work coz I sawdust on the furniture.

dogwood.   [IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/muddypaws4x4/wood.gif[/IMG]