Trike Registration in France.

Chris Wayland

• 3 years later...

[quote user="Chris Wayland"]I kind`a thought this would be the caseThanks Guys.[/quote]

Hi

We Too are looking to buy a trike we are moving to France to live in 2 years in the Limousin area and look forward to being able to have fun,have you any upto date info on registering trikes in France since your last posting please.

Regards

marilyn and Bill

I don't know why anyone would want to build a trike based on a Reliant Regal / Robin chassis, it must be one of the most dangerous vehicles ever built and I know I usdd to own the John Cobb Special (Aluminium body Cabriolet) when I was a kid, it was forever scraping the body panels along the kerb if you went round a corner too fast.The ideal layout is definately to have the single wheel at the rear,Owen Greenwood proved that back in the sixties. It was so quick going round a corner that the ACU banned it in the end as it was beating the convensional sidecars.

[quote user="Mr Wiggy"]I don't know why anyone would want to build a trike based on a Reliant Regal / Robin chassis, it must be one of the most dangerous vehicles ever built and I know I usdd to own the John Cobb Special (Aluminium body Cabriolet) when I was a kid, it was forever scraping the body panels along the kerb if you went round a corner too fast.The ideal layout is definately to have the single wheel at the rear,Owen Greenwood proved that back in the sixties. It was so quick going round a corner that the ACU banned it in the end as it was beating the convensional sidecars.[/quote]

Ah but if everybody followed your admittedly unargueable logic there would be no trikes or even Harley Davidsons for that matter, for those that do own these devices it is about "looking cool", or thinking so!

Doesnt really help the OP with his request though does it? My advice to him is to ride/drive it to the D.R.I.R.E and ask their advice, you might get lucky and find an enthusiast or someone who also thinks that trikes are cool.

good luck.