IF YOU COULD BUY, MAIL ORDER FROM THE UK, WHAT PRODUCTS WOULD YOU WANT?

Yachty

What products/consumables do you find difficult to obtain here in france and which items do you regularly purchase from outside France/bring from UK to save money?

With Sterling in "free fall" the cost of shipping is easily outweighed by savings and convenience of home deliveries.

We regularly purchase everything from food stuffs and clothes to building materials and car parts.

As someone who makes greeting cards, I buy most of the basics off e-bay where the prices (incl p/p) are much better than me travelling a 54 mile round journey to get stuff I want and where there is very little choice. Reams of white paper for my printer are at least half price in the UK. Just last year had to get a cylinder gasket set and cambelt for my car. Cost in France 170 euros, cost new off e-bay £72[:D]. When in the UK I always bring bacon back, baked beans and pickled onions!!!![8-|]

tuppence

Car parts are generally cheaper and we try to manage until friends can bring them over - we will shortly need a new clutch for our Citroen Xantia, which is cheaper from the UK! Clothes from M&S, various foodstuff - OXO cubes, Bisto granules, Heinz Salad Cream, Coffee Mate and PG Tips; although we can buy most of those here they are very expensive - if we couldn't get them I would live without them, apart from the tea as OH drinks it like water - but he doesn't drink alcohol so who am I to complain? 

I find most Morris Dancing equipment is cheaper in UK and very difficult to buy in France.

The Daily Telegraph is cheaper in UK and so is isopropanol.

I THINK MAKING YOUR STRAPLINE ALL IN CAPS IS MOST ANNOYING it must be from UK as it is cheap.

I prefer to shop in India most things are far cheaper then UK and the service is better and they have a sense of humour.

There must be something else cheaper in UK - Oh yes politicians they can be had very cheaply.

• 3 months later...
[quote user="Dog"]

There must be something else cheaper in UK - Oh yes politicians they can be had very cheaply.

[/quote]

On the contrary, Dog, politicians in the UK cost so much money that they have bankrupted the country!

Cheaper to buy and keep race horses....and at least you might be on to a winner!

It is easier to list the things that are better quality/cheaper in France.

Wine, bread, meat, fruit/veg, cheese, most building materials (transport costs too high), and fuel. Everything else is purchased and brought over.