Finding the right property in Limousin

paulo

Hi everyone

I am looking to buy a property in Limousin, I have some favorites website like www.sextantproperties.com , green-acres.com and property.visitfrance.co.uk

Does anyone know some other websites with such good properties?

Thanks!

The area of Limousin is 80% of that of Wales. I imagine if moving to Wales you might refine your search a little. Even the individual departments in Limousin vary with topography and climate. Why not make a check list of your requirements to help choose an area then as suggested have a look at pagesjaunes.fr.

[quote user="paulo"]Hi everyone

I am looking to buy a property in Limousin, I have some favorites website like www.sextantproperties.com , green-acres.com and property.visitfrance.co.uk

Does anyone know some other websites with such good properties?

Thanks!

[/quote]

Hi Paulo, one very good one is www.fnaim.com from what I understand most good agents belong to this organisation anyway therefore many will advertise their properties on the site. Other good ones are www.123immo.com ,  www.french-property.com and www.french-property-news.com.

Enjoy your search and good luck.

As said above the Limousin is a big area and varies a lot. Have you looked around the three departments and decided what you like and don't like about them, then made a 'wish list' of what you want/need? It is good to do research on the internet, but nothing like visiting the area to get a real feel of the place. 

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. We're looking in Limousin, especially Correze. We're thinking along the lines of a new build, and are hence looking at building plot prices. In the whole of Limousin, building plots seem to vary in price from between €4 to €20 per m². We're coming over in February to have an initial look for a week at some of the plots, and to 'suss' out the area.

Some of the prices on the France Houses site seem high - in the upper teens for a sloping plot near to a hamlet. Some of the renovation projects look expensive too. I thought Limousin was supposed to offer good value for money? Or are one or two Immobiliers trying to cash in on UK interest in Franch property / land?

Gerald (and Annie)

From my observations locally (south west Correze) this area is not cheap. An area with good communication links, infrastructure and facilities is going to be more expensive than the back of beyond. Creuse seems cheaper but at the risk of attracting the ire of those who favour it I must say that it seems to live up to one of the meanings of creuse which is empty. The wide variation in land prices could also be to do with whether the services such as electricity, water and sometimes phone are in place or the offer is just a field with CU.

Notaires often sell houses and land. Try logic-immo. Services to a parcel of land are indicated by the word viabilisé

We're in Creuse, in the middle of, well nothing really, apart from the great countryside and fantastic people, not to mention a wealth of natural resources. Prices have at least doubled since we we moved here three years ago. If you're looking for shops and stuff like that, forget it, if you're prepared to work hard, and I mean hard at integrating, then the region is a dream.

it all depends what you want and what you are prepared to settle for. From here (Creuse/Haute Vienne border) if you pass over the border into Correze then the prices increase immediately. It's also true that when driving that way you can tell when you've past the border as the houses all look better cared for and worth a lot more!!

When we bought our place (Haute Vienne - just!) what we were looking for was somewhere that we could afford and could see ourselves living at, so here we are :)

• 3 weeks later...