self build garages

James2

Hi,

Anyone know where I can buy a self build garage, either in wood ,metal or plastic?

I have a `mason secondaire` in the Charente region, but willing to travel to obtain this info.

I have tried the internet but no luck also local bricolages.

Hope you can help,

Regards.........James2

[quote user="James2"]

Hi,

Anyone know where I can buy a self build garage, either in wood ,metal or plastic?

I have a `mason secondaire` in the Charente region, but willing to travel to obtain this info.

I have tried the internet but no luck also local bricolages.

Hope you can help,

Regards.........James2

[/quote]

hi

ok It just could be me tonight but if you asked for a "self build garage" would not you get a pile of bricks and build it yourself ???try precast concrete garage or ???

Dave halfway down the 4 glass and sorry it`s bed time [B]

Thanks Jim,

Eventualy found self build garages on the Leroy Merlin site, we are returning to France in September and will visit their store in PERIGEAUX.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

sorry - I use Safari and it doesn't do links on the forum...

http://www.rona.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentServlet?assetId=1030&langId=-2

site has plans and detailed instructions.

Don't think we're going to follow their plans (even though you can download them) as the ones they have for things I've done before are a bit weird - like their pergolas and suchlike. There is a lot of useful info though :)

Sorry to put a dampner on things but if the original poster dosn't realise it, he must submit a Déclaration de Travaux if under 20m² or a full Permis de Construire upto 170m² construction even for a  garage and for a shed over 2m² here. It will be upto the local planning and the DDE to decide whether or not he can build in the materials specified or not. Constructing anything like this without relevent paperwork will result in being asked to take it down if a neighbour or official decides to report it. This is not meant as a patronising post but comes from a personal experience of being on planning committee here and having to turn down applications where not suitable.

[quote user="hoverfrog"]sorry - I use Safari and it doesn't do links on the forum... http://www.rona.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentServlet?assetId=1030&langId=-2 site has plans and detailed instructions. Don't think we're going to follow their plans (even though you can download them) as the ones they have for things I've done before are a bit weird - like their pergolas and suchlike. There is a lot of useful info though :)[/quote]

Hoverfrog - you do realise that this is a Canadian company - shipping costs might be on the highish side

Paul

where the company is is irrelevent - they do plans that you can download, with step by step instructions.

No shipping involved - they tell you what you will need and you resource it yourself.

Not sure all the "twiddly" bits would look right in the Limousin countryside though, except for the playhouse for my daughter I was contemplating from a scaled-down version of their summerhouses :)