Whats 10m sq ?

Pads

10m2 is the space that I lived in for my first 18 months in France!

Twas a 3m * 3m garden gazebo with the legs slightly splayed pitched on my derelict unheated and uninsulated ground floor with initially plastic tarpaulin and dustsheet sides, come the winter of 2005 this was quickly augmented by burying it in loft insulation to make a kind of Yurt.

It was relatively comfortable with an electric convector and a steady supply of red wine, whenever I feel hard done by now I think back to then and realise how lucky I am.

I have also created a small live in chalet in the UK with what I believe to be one of the smallest bathrooms not found on a boat or caravan,  1.82m2 which contains a 80cm shower, suspended toilet, heated towel rail and a 60cm sink and vanity unit.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

So you would need 100  1m X 1m boxes Pads!!![kiss]

Good luck tomorrow and the following daze!

[/quote]

1 to keep  hubby in

1 to keep dog in

2 to keep the cats in

10 to keep me books in

and Im sure I could shop enough to fill the others ..... Thanks JJ see you on the other side [;-)]

[quote user="ErnieY"][quote user="J.Rs gone native"]10m2 is the space that I lived in for my first 18 months in France[/quote]So you lived in only 2 dimensions then, neat trick [;-)]

[/quote]

I am very shallow!

And have many ex's who can testify to that [6]

When did we stop teaching people rudimentary maths ? Don't get me started ...

10 metres squared = an area of 10 metres x 10 metres = 100 square metres which is a dam' big room

10 square metres = a room say 2.5 x 4 which is a fairly small room

and don't even start talking about SHOB and SHON or I will tear my hair out. That way lies madness ....[+o(][:@]

hi

As an x maths teacher I can tell you that standards in maths started to decline many years ago.  Consequently many adult people are not confident with even basic maths.  The way the government has (not) handled decimalisation has not helped the situation.  I don't know if my vehicle will go under a 5 ft 9 inch barrier, if I look in my hand book it says its 1.85m in height.  The announcers on the telivision (english) seem to be reverting back to imperial units more and more. 

[quote user="thunderhorse"]Luxury. When we were no'but bairns we lived in a cardboard box in hole in t'road!
[/quote]

You think yew wer 'aard up. We have to live in a mere 190 sq metre house wi nowt but underfloor heating, a huge open fire and the sun streaming through huge South facing windows to keep us warm through the terrible winter here in the South of France! Think yer sel lucky me boy [8-)][:P][blink]

Metric or Imperial? After all is said and done a meter is only a yard with 10% inflation! If you are confused between the 2 all you have to do is get out your English tape measure and they are both there. 1.85 metric things is 6' 3/4", almost 6' 1" really. Sounds like a gas guzzler [:D]?