170m2

Pads

[quote user="Pads"]

No.... silly billys .....

Cos If the barn has over 170m2 of habitable space, you have to have an architect draw the plans. so I was just checking how big that was

[/quote]

Err it's 'Total Habitable surface' if memory serves so if the Barn adjoins other living space then this may have to be considered as will upper floors / grenier (Measured externally as well I think)

Over to the resident Panel of experts to correct my manifestly inaccurate info....the gist is there though!

[quote user="BIG MAC"][quote user="Pads"]

Cos If the barn has over 170m2 of habitable space, you have to have an architect draw the plans. so I was just checking how big that was

[/quote]

Err it's 'Total Habitable surface' if memory serves so if the Barn adjoins other living space then this may have to be considered as will upper floors / grenier (Measured externally as well I think)

Over to the resident Panel of experts to correct my manifestly inaccurate info....the gist is there though!

[/quote]

I knew the other bit .... But is it measured externally? Those 20inch thick walls will make a hugh difference..

[quote user="Pads"][quote user="BIG MAC"][quote user="Pads"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I knew the other bit .... But is it measured externally? Those 20inch thick walls will make a hugh difference..

[/quote]

more info here

http://www.plans-maisons.com/Surface-hors-oeuvre-nette-brute-SHON-SHOB-maison.htm 

it says  - yes, you have to start with the outside wall measure to calculate the SHOB....

up to 170 m 2 SHON you are not obliged to have an architect

Danny