Replacing water heater

bubble

I replaced mine 200 litre vertical , cost about 300e.

We are near the 3 parts of Limousin meet up , no calcium build up in ours.It was leaking and old , the new one is really well insulated ....piping hot water but the shell remains cool.

ps the whole thing not just the element

[quote user="bubble"]Our water heater has packed up and have found it is the element. Has anyone replaced one or had it replaced and can give me an idea of cost please ? Posted this under shopping !!! before finding this section. Sorry for being dim !!!

[/quote]

Geology of correze suggests acidic water accordingly lime scale unlikely. elements are not particularly cheap as spares.

We recently had to replace a 200 L tank and found a 150 L one from Castorama, Limoges, that cost 150 or 159 euros (can't remember which). In the past we've always found the smaller tanks very expensive so were pleased to find this one. As there are only the 2 of us most of the time we decided 150 L will be more than adequate.

In 2005 we had a Thermor 150 litre water heater installed. Three weeks ago a contact breaker kept tripping and an electrician friend found that the water heater was the problem. The ceramic heating element sits in a metal tube and the tube was badly corroded, allowing water in to short circuit the element. The plumber was amazed that it had happened and replaced the tube, which was out of the two year parts guarantee, of course. So we are 230 Euros poorer and I would not recommend Thermor to anyone.

[quote user="Beau Gus"]In 2005 we had a Thermor 150 litre water heater installed. Three weeks ago a contact breaker kept tripping and an electrician friend found that the water heater was the problem. The ceramic heating element sits in a metal tube and the tube was badly corroded, allowing water in to short circuit the element. The plumber was amazed that it had happened and replaced the tube, which was out of the two year parts guarantee, of course. So we are 230 Euros poorer and I would not recommend Thermor to anyone.[/quote]

And RR got one for ā‚¬ 150 complete.[:)]

We have a 200 ltr water heater which is on  a 3 phase supply, which we want to change to single phase, as the heater is old and will need replacing soon not a problem except as I can switch between having it heated by electricity and our wood burning boiler, I have been told I can't just use any heater, and the one I need is approx 1000 euros[:(]

That'll be like mine then, with a "serpent" or coil inside to take a feed from the boiler. It will have an electric immersion heater element too. As I posted on page 1 of this thread, they are VERY expensive and I dread having to replace ours.

Sid