looking to move in France

Janellie

Hi all,  I'm new to this forum and hope you can give me some help.

Both my parents, my partner and myself have lived in France for nearly five years, my parents now find that the area they live in is too quiet (they live in quiet countryside).  They are looking to move and would like a town or large village location where there is a small British contingent, maybe a group that gets together locally or something similar.  They are in their late sixties now and feel they need a bit more contact with the outside world.  At least have people passing the house!  They are currently living in the Limousin, Correze and would preferably like to move further South, although wouldn't rule out Northern France, they are also contemplating moving back to the UK but would rather stay in France.  I just wondered if anyone out there had any recommendations or ideas.

Many thanks

Jan

Cazals featured in one of TV "I am a total ****, I borrowed money to buy somewhere new without selling my first house so what do I do now as long as I don't have to reduce the price to a realistic level?" programmes. Some months later we were in Cazals for lunch and saw the featured house still overpriced compared to others in the same street for sale, still unsold.

Perhaps 12km is a bit close ?

John

not

[quote user="derf"][quote user="cheryla"]We're in Castillonnes which is about 17k from Eymet, so there's the choice of mixing with British or French people (and our house is for sale!!) [/quote]

How much is it?[:D]
[/quote]

I don't think advertising is allowed, so I've sent you a private message.

• 1 month later...
I live in France.  And love it!  The wine and food help [:D]

However if I was seeking a lively village with a British contingent, having lots of regular get togethers (like Jan, the OP and her family) I would begin my search in Britain.  They are considering a move to the UK...it's got way more British people than here to choose from.

Hi everyone and thanks for all your messages and ideas.  My parents are looking in the Eymet area at the moment but also haven't ruled out the UK yet.  Personally I think the UK would be better for them, but the decision is up to them.  What they would like is to be able to go out for a meal in the evening or to a bar for a drink but nothing is open in the evenings around here!  They would also like a little company from English speaking people as their language skills aren't great.  My partner and I on the other hand are very happy to stay where we are and we will be doing so.  There is an British community here I'm sure, but we have not met many of them yet, we have been here 5 years now and have made friends with the local community.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jan