Woodburners....fitting of.

Jo

Have seen a nice woodburner in Brico Depot which I am thinking of buying as a supplementary source of heat when I either don't need the full central heating on, or when it's very cold, as a little extra. Does anyone have an idea of how much it costs to have one fitted? Also as a matter of interest, if they put it on the trailer for me, how on earth are you supposed to move the thing after? Had a quick heave-ho in the shop and it weighs a ton!!!!![8-)]

The Vosges weighs 58 kilos, the marvellously named Balham is 121 Kilos. They do not give weights for their other stoves

Strap to a big sack barrow, sangles at bottom so two big idiots can more it. Put 2.5 tonne trolley jeck underneath and move onto a platform with castors

Depends what other work needs doing in terms of work on chimney liner etc. I would not buy it till I had sorted out somebody to install it.

I use and lend a thing called a "diable chariot" which can be used either in a vertical mode or in horizontal mode on the four wheels. Normally, unless light & short move, I remove the glass/vitre. They are not particularly expensive in the sheds. Mine looks like the "blue one".

http://www.google.fr/images?hl=fr&q=diable+chariot&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=TfA_Td92x63yA7nKxbkE&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=8&ved=0CGoQsAQwBw

If you do buy one make sure you get one with a long lift surface in the vertical mode; this allows you to get under the middle of the stove between the feet and lift it without any blocking or jacking. Make sure the two inflateable tyres are good and hard for a stable lift. The one I have looks exactly like this;

[IMG]http://www.esedirect.co.uk/images/Product/large/1902.jpg[/IMG] 

• 8 months later...
Not that I don't move quickly...[blink] have finally got the woodburner! Very nice man from Brico brought it right into the lounge[:)] have got someone arranged to fit it but have said I would buy the fittings as I have plenty of credit on my Bricomarche card. He told me I need fittings with 153mm diameter, not alu, unless I want to replace them all next year[:-))] the trouble is I can only see fittings marked in120mm 150mm 160mm although there is a "collar" which is one size at one end and a different size on the other, but it only says on it 150mm despite the fact only one end is going to be that. I don't want to wait to ask the bloke when he comes to fit it as I have no idea when he would be able to come back to me[8-)] HELP[8-)]