price on gas chauffage installed 71

clive

Hi to everyone on and reading this forum.(love reading the posts)

I’ll get straight to the point, we have brought a old la post

Office in burgundy- 2mins out of Chorrels  .Reason we brought

The place was that it had all the infrastructure already installed.

We have to put in a new gas chauffage, pipes and everything are still in place

The commune took it out and put it in another building . the place has 8 rooms

Each has a panel heater. Size of rooms are about on average 11 sqm.

Looked at price of a gas chauffage on Leroy merlin web site. Now comes the groan factor

For all the poms we are Australians (well I’m a kiwi if that makes a difference) im thinking of getting

The chauffage installed be for we come over price wise I recon 2000-2500 Ero installed .

Because we would only come over in  the summer I was thinking do I just put hot water on or the

Lot Central heating  and hot water . from what I saw they had the gas chauffage hanging of the wall

What would you expect to see in a quote fully installed.

Thanks for your time

Clive

I reckon that you could probably double that and add a bit, or a lot.

How did you come to that figure? 

Remember just because things are in place, they are perhaps forty years old and need replacing? Would the place need insulating properly too?

HI

The place was used up until 6 years ago they had put in new heater system and then closed down

Moved post office to Chorrels I guess. The fittings and panel heaters had been put in 6 years ago they are still there , the commune has taken the heater of the wall and left the rest . I really want hot water for 3 showers a day and hot water for kitchen. Price wise just looking at Leroy merlin. I want to try and get this hot water thing sorted be for I come over .i need to put in a bathroom and kitchen, bathroom looks all right to me,but what  boss wants  boss gets !.  I could get away with the kitchen just put in a oven and a few cupboards. Im trying to fit it all into a budget . I have taken the budget and doubled it just case, on the other hand no point in throwing money around . im going to get a quotes I just need to be informed on what to expect price wise. Need to put my mind at rest on price move on and worry about something else.

Thanks  clive

Looking at Leroy and what an artisan will charge you are quite different in France. The mark ups that artisans often have, have to be seen to be believed and due to their high over heads in the form of cotisations in some respects unavoidable. And as you want this done before you move in, then I don't see how you can afford getting an artisan to do it. Your other problem will be getting an artisan to do the work in the first place, the good ones, in my experience have long waiting times........ and I do know some bad plumbers, who manage to charge as much as the good ones.

If you are only going to use the property in the summer it would be much cheaper to put in 1 or even 2 "ballons" a bit like electric immerson heaters.   I have two in quite a large property, one for ourselves and one for guests, each heats the water for the kitchens and bathrooms.  They are easy to install and not too expensive to run.

WendyG

hi OK

my view on this posting ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I will bend over back wards to help people  but post in English or French  ..it looks like you have learnt to spell to French words wrong ...Ero and chauffage ....now what is the question ??

Dave

Good morning Clive, and welcome.

We have just an electric 'ballon' for hot water and electric heaters in our apartment. It's quite sufficient for our needs; we live there on and off throughout the year, up to 6 months altogether. It's efficient, well-insulated (as is the apartment, which is only a few years old) and water-heating plus electric heaters don't work out particularly expensive to run.

Do you know anyone around Chorels? Maybe you could contact them - possibly the agent you bought the property through, and ask for recommendations of plumbers for putting a ballon in.

As you'll have seen there's a lot of help on this forum, and some are experts at work around the house; maybe one will be along later.  Good luck. 

" hi OK

my view on this posting ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I will bend over back wards

to help people  but post in English or French  ..it looks like you have

learnt to spell to French words wrong ...Ero and chauffage ....now what

is the question ??

Dave "

Dave, look before you leap maybe!

How do you spell chauffage?

to should be two in this case but that's probably just a typo which often happens on here when people are in a hurry to send replies.

Bon courage to the original poster[:)]

and to Dave

Clive, to give you an idea of possible costs, three years ago we had a new oil fired boiler fitted ( De Dietrich) that operated the central heating and heated the water. Cost of the boiler and fitting was 5000 Euro, we already had the radiators and pipework in place. Anything work wise done here in France is expensive, one good thing though; is work improvements on an old building and done by registered workman gets you a reduction in VAT on the hardware.