moving to france very soon...

rosie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity it's too late and too dark for you to see the cathedral in Exeter.  Still you MAY get to cross the Severn tonight and be in your beddy-byes yet!

Good Luck, you'll need it.  Post when you get home so we know you managed it, brave girl!

Back safe and sound.

I have been contemplating "moving to France very soon", however, Rosie, if you go to Paris beware........ The bus from the airport to Opera takes 45 mins and going back it takes 1 hour. [;-)] [:D]

Do you have to purchase HRT if you move to France or is it free prescription?

[:D][:D]Good to see you back safe ! Are you going back out for christmas or is hubby coming home?

I think you can get it out there for free although you wouldnt know it the amount of grumpy women you see now adays ........................../

[quote user="Just Katie"]

Back safe and sound.

I have been contemplating "moving to France very soon", however, Rosie, if you go to Paris beware........ The bus from the airport to Opera takes 45 mgoing back it takes 1 hour. [;-)] [:D]<%D]

[/quote]

I saw the original post JK. [:P] Just you watch out or you really will be locked in The Lounge. [6]

You can't just start taking digs at people, you have to do it properly like your friend Twinkle. [:D]

I think a jumbo pack of HRT would probably help.

Thank you Pads,

Benjamin, dont you think my second reply is more 'Twinkle-like". [:$]  I cannot help myself sometimes, I am very hot headed in real life and, the keyboard cannot slow down my mind and emotions.  AND, it is not me who needs HRT.

Now back on topic you naughty boyo![:-))]

[quote user="Just Katie"]

Back safe and sound.

I have been contemplating "moving to France very soon", however, Rosie, if you go to Paris beware........ The bus from the airport to Opera takes 45 mins and going back it takes 1 hour. [;-)] [:D]

[/quote]

[:D] [:D] [:D]

JK - I was in paris this weekend and in Exeter last week... it's my home town... or was 'before I moved to france recently'  just thought I would mention this coincidence... [:$]

• 1 month later...
What does all the stuff you write mean?  I'm new to this forum and find it an invaluable source of information, help, suggestion and opinion.  I dont understand one word of your   posts. (or the posts of people who reply to them.)  Am i stupid or are you from somewhere other than planet Earth?  I've enjoyed this forum up til now.  You make me lose interest.  Are you animal, vegetable or alien??  Should i be looking at this forum in a different way?

[quote user="bodie"]...Should i be looking at this forum in a different way?[/quote]

Perhaps accepting that thread drift sometimes happens after the topic has been adressed seriously would be a start.

Insulting several forum members at once isn't advisable either.[;-)]

[quote user="bodie"]What does all the stuff you write mean?  I'm new to this forum and find it an invaluable source of information, help, suggestion and opinion.  I dont understand one word of your   posts. (or the posts of people who reply to them.)  Am i stupid or are you from somewhere other than planet Earth?  I've enjoyed this forum up til now.  You make me lose interest.  Are you animal, vegetable or alien??  Should i be looking at this forum in a different way?[/quote]

Yes Bodie, when a thread goes on for around 10 pages and all avenues have been explored, often members get sidetracked and start off topic chatting.  Unfortunately that is forum life and, I will admit to being a sidetracker, along with many others.  I am afraid it is human nature. Jeepers how boring would life be to discuss the same topic of conversation for an age?

Ok and if you want to be silly, I am a potato, what do you want to be? 

Hey Tresco, just read your reply.  I'm truly sorry if i've offended you or any other forum members.  Maybe i just dont know what to expect of a forum.  You read so many of the do's and don'ts it kinda makes you think you've to use it strictly within the guidelines.  I didn't realise that people are free to converse in subjects outdide the "thread."  Hopefully i'll get a bit more into the way of things the more i use the forum.  Soryy again.  Friends?

Hey Katie, ah well, worth a try.  I'll just have to be happy being skint!  Yes i'm going to France in April.  Spending however long it takes to find a house.  Looking for something with renovation required, but i'm going through the slower than death process of waiting to hear from the DWP in N. Ireland to see if i qualify for the E121 form to get into the French healthcare system.  If not, then i'll probably come up against more hassle trying to get medical insurance as i have an existing medical problem.  ( my back).  I'm on DLA here and severe disablement but no matter how i try i can't get a definate from anywhere about whether i'd be able to register in France on their handicappes register or even if i will be considered disabled there or not.  Moving to France and even getting a house is small potatoes compared to finding out the legal stuff.  I've had replies and suggestions from a few people on this forum which is brilliant, but i guess they're in the same boat as me, they don't know for sure.  When you ask the DWP here for anything it's like saying you're going to rob a bank before you go...they immediately become suspisious of you because you want to have a life somewhere else.  I've just sold my house and hence going to France inApril.  Of course i wont be able to buy a house unless i can provide the notaire with evidence of either E121 or private medical insurance  ( or so i understand) and so back to the drawing board.  I have a friend however who is willing to rent me her house in Poitou Charentes.  I could stay there until i get everything resolved but will still need some kind of medical cover.  As if life isn't hard enough!

What about you, are you a national, expat, visitor or working in France?  Hope i'm not "breaking any rules" by asking.  If i am just tell me straight.  I'm still feeling my way in this forum.  Thanks for taking the time to reply by the way.  Nice to talk to you.

Hey katie, what makes you interested in the forum then are you going to or do you want to live in France or do you just use the forum to talk to your friend?  No doubt it's a great communication tool.  I've spoken to loads of people since joining and although i dont know any of them its kinda nice having anonymous friends and getting info about various bits n pieces along the way is an added bonus!