Shower tray

bwfc1965

[quote user="bwfc1965"]I am looking to install a shower and looking to source a tray from the UK. Will the waste and trap from France connect to a UK Shower tray?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Buy a good one!

As Pierre ZFP and I purchased precisely the same shower cabin from Leroy Merlin some ten years ago (not cheap, either!), I am sure he will agree!

Whilst everything else is still fine, the tray disintegrated: I discovered it was made from really thin acrylic, boosted with polystyrene blocks!

I did purchase a replacement tray from Leroy, where the sales assistant demonstrated its strength by jumping up and down on it wearing his boots!

For your reference, hole sizes for the waste traps are the same in France and UK and indeed, almost everywhere else, since they are metric.

Apart, naturally, from the USA, where they still insist on retaining mainly imperial sizes.

If you are creating a shower, by building the compartment around it, then go for ceramic; with care will last for years.

...and please don't fit horrible sliding doors as cleaning the tracks is a nightmare. Curtains are an absolute no no. My preferred shower is this sort of thing, but bought in France of course

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/roman-embrace-glass-linear-wetroom-panel-various-size-options.aspx

[quote user="tom16"]...and please don't fit horrible sliding doors as cleaning the tracks is a nightmare. Curtains are an absolute no no. My preferred shower is this sort of thing, but bought in France of course

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/roman-embrace-glass-linear-wetroom-panel-various-size-options.aspx[/quote]

I would love one of those but have always understood that there is considerable work needed ro provide the 'canalisation' for the water to flow away if you are in a bathroom that is already there

Indeed, Norman.

And in order to create a "Wet Room" much work is needed to "tank" the whole room. Tiling must be carried out on waterproof substrate for both walls and floors. No mean or cheap task......

The way to clean sliding door track showers, is to simply remove the doors. An annual process, unless one is amazingly dirty and showers many times per day!

An alternative is to fit pivoting or hinged shower doors.

See Here E.G.

Hello Gluestick, no it's not a wetroom as you have the showerscreen to keep the room from getting soaked, therefore the whole room doesn't need "tanking", but of course you would have to use hydrofuge placoplatre, like in any bath/shower room. Yes installation really could only be carried out in a new build or a renovation project, but I much prefer that easy clean look to the shower cabin we have, which although expensive is a bugger to clean. Once a year just wouldn't be enough unfortunately...