french tax form 2042

maude

[quote]Hi folks,does anyone know of an English transated French tax form 2042 that can be downloaded.Just to try and make sure I do not too many problems for myself or the depot D,Impot!!!![/quote]

I have one, it's  a step by step guide in how to fill out all the numbered boxes on the tax forms, translated from French into English, it was given out at a tax seminar held by the tax authorities in the Dordogne recently. You may be able to obtain a copy if you send an e-mail and ask, (you can write the letter in English if you wish) to:

[email protected] 

(They will reply to any French fiscal problems you may have, in English)

[quote]I too calculated a higher rate of 1.4596. Where did you get your lower figure from Les, would be interested to hear................John not Jackie[/quote]

It was on an headed official paper from the "Ministere de L'Economie Des Finances Et De L'Industrie" Titled "Tax Returns 2004", given out at the seminar.

You can't get more official than that

Les thanks for info. but regarding translation i was sent e-mail today stating no english translations are available but questions  can be answered in english.perhaps your meeting gave out papers translated by an investment or tax advisor.IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO SCAN TRANSLATION AND POST ON THIS FORUM AS I AM SURE IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFULL.

THANKS.

Hear hear to that suggestion Les. I also emailed them and got this reply:

The official rate is 1 pound = 1,41834 euros

Sorry, It is not possible to send forms or explanatory leaflets in English, they don't exist.
Contrôleur des Impôts

It would help many I think Les.................John

PS They must have been buried in emails requesting info The wires to their computer must have been red-hot!

I too have had the same response from the southern Depot d,Impot,and would really apreciate the earlier response regarding the translated guide.Perhaps the forum admin could kindly follow this one up.Thanks for all responses-maude

[quote]Les thanks for info. but regarding translation i was sent e-mail today stating no english translations are available but questions can be answered in english.perhaps your meeting gave out papers tran...[/quote]

Hi

The documents we received were translated as far i am aware by the english speaking staff at the Dordogne tax offices, the seminar was in english by the same staff.

The documents are very informative covering all aspects that you need to know about paying tax and social contributions in France, who needs to make a declaration and how to fill in the various forms, 2042, 2042c, 2042p, 2044, 2074, 3916, but it does run to 31 single sided pages and you really need to have all of them to make sense of how it all works. maybe a little large  to scan them in.

They did have some cd's of the whole presentation, maybe you can get them to send you one of those (for information the Seminar was held at Chateau De Monbazillac on March 11th 2005)

This may be a bit late now, but for anyone who comes under Limoux, Aude, there is a M. Lacoste (his real name!) who will for the first year at least, fill in tax forms for you given all the information and is generally very helpful.
We have friends who went to see him personally and we have done this by mail. As long as he has opened a file by 4 April there is no problem.

I HAVE JUST HEARD THAT ANYONE CONTACTING MONSIEUR FOULS ALOTT THAT THEY CAN RECLAIM THE LAST 2YEARS INCOME TAX IF THEY HAVE EVIDENCE OF PAYMENT AND OFFICIALLY STAMPED RECEIPTS.DEADLINE IS 12.00 MIDDAY TODAY.

MUST DASH AND TRY MYSELF.

Thanks Ab,

Got back all my money and a nice lunch at the local Impots to follow at Noel.

Worth a call and really glad now I made myself known to the fiscs some years ago, just got to think what to do with the 3000€ now.........

[quote]MIKI is that football strip yours? looks like nat lofthouse with slick hair and was it a bolton strip or is it a normal one?[/quote]

You heathen Ab,

That is the one and only, Sir Jimmy G, whilst playing for that team from norf London.

Where's Bolton, is it near Cornwall ?