CA nord pyreness bank charges

Ron Avery

At the moment I pay 5.65€ each month for the privilege of keeping my money in CA nord midi-pyrenees coffers, but please I don't want to know if you pay more or less, that is not the point of this post.

In the conditions notice that came out recently, this same charge 5.65€ is shown as the Annual  fee from Jan 1 2006  Has anyone else seen this?  Is it a misprint or are CA NMP coming into the 21st century?

[quote]At the moment I pay 5.65€ each month for the privilege of keeping my money in CA nord midi-pyrenees coffers, but please I don't want to know if you pay more or less, that is not the point of this post...[/quote]

How strange...

I'm with the same bank in the Lot (46) and I don't pay anything...

Well, just the annual fee for my Mastercard CB and €11.20 for the odd direct debits I've HAD TO sign (SFR, Tiscali...)

I stopped checking my balance online once I realised I'd have to pay €0.50 each time I logged on, up to a max of €5 a month...

Clair

Clair

CA NMP have not charged for internet banking access since the start of 2005  I have a Serenity account with an agreed overdraft and pay nothing for direct debits, I expect it is swings and roundabouts.  Mind you, the extract of conditions does say that the 5.65€ annual fee is for accounts opened after June 2004,  before that you have to consult the bank so it could now be free or still 5.65€ monthly

[quote]Looks like a was a misprint after all! The price list now says a monthly charge of 5.65 http://www.ca-nmp.fr/Vitrine/ObjCommun/Fic/NMP/Pdf/tarifspart.pdf You could always convert back to a simple...[/quote]

Ermm Well what they sent me says ANNUELLE

Oh well thought it was too good to be true.  Even with the monthly 5.65€ I stil have to pay for the mastercard

[quote]Clair CA NMP have not charged for internet banking access since the start of 2005 I have a Serenity account with an agreed overdraft and pay nothing for direct debits, I expect it is swings and ro...[/quote]

My account is a simple compte chèque dépot à vue.

I start from the premise they're not here to hep me but to make money for themselves, so I don't want to pay for anything I don't have to...

I refused the insurance and was told stories about losing my cheque book/card or both and having to lose several hundred euros...

I still balk at all these unnecessary appointments, where the bank manager pretends to be a protective father figure looking after my interests (he really does here!): he insured me for 2 years with the wrong house policy, which would not have covered any claim to the gite and by extension, to the house...!

They could not get round the idea of internet banking when I first joined them, thinking you needed a local branch to assist in all matters... This was like stepping back in time!

Clair

I have had an account with CA in PACA (Collobrieres) for 5 years and initially they made various small charges and gave the same dire warnings of what it would cost if I lost my cheque book etc without insurance, but I gradually whittled them down until now I pay only for my debit card and 50% for my wife's card.

There are no charges for internet banking which I use extensively and neither have I ever paid any charges for a Direct Debit.

I recently asked them to up the limit for monthly card use and weekly cash withdrawals and they did so without a qualm - actually increased to more than I asked for. No charge for that either.

All in all I really cannot fault them apart from the fact that they no longer have a counter service in the village - just an 'advisor'  -- for that read salesman so I never need to go in.

Andy

Re internet access: their website says the charge is €0.50 per access up to 8x a month, except if you already have a certain type of account with them:

Offre Accès Libre

Tarification à l'accès : 0,50€ TTC la connexion Internet ou Internet mobile ( maximum 1 connexion facturée par jour et 8 connexions facturées par mois). Exonération de la tarification à l'accès pour les détenteurs des services Forfait, Forfait Pro Gestion et Compte Service Particuliers.

Re charges for DD: they cannot charge for utilities (gaz, water, electricity and FT) but they charged me for a BudgetTelecom DD, as it was not seen as essential utility and also for my SFR account...

Clair