Tax forms

vickybear

Hi there,

I need forms 2042 and 2047 to complete our tax return, as it's our first year. I have been on www.impots.gouv.fr and found the correct place for forms, however every time I try to get the correct form 2042 by going into the 2005 option, it opens a 2004 form. I have looked everywhere on the site, opening all the forms to see if it is hidden!!

Has anyone got the correct link or any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi Vicky!

lovely to see you back, will get back to you with an answer for your tax forms. 

I'm a bit freaked out that you need forms for 2042 & 2047, my  hubby normally does all that so am not sure -  but will do my best![:)]

We have been to the Impots today for a Form 2047 and even they hadn't

any!!!... they have said that they will post one to us (hopefully). Has

anybody any idea of the exchange rate this year for UK interest

earned????

aj

I would agree with £1 = 1..45€ for a fair rate of exchange,but be aware than in areas with a high density of English settlers you may get told by your tax office the exchange rate to use.  

The forms will be available soon: 

" Nouveauté 2006 : vous recevrez votre déclaration de revenus début mai et non plus en mars ". Which means the beginning of mai, not necessarily the first.[:D]

Wait until after the 8 May holiday the forms should be available then, its not that there is any great rush to get them back is there?  Remember to complete a copy as well.

Vicky, you do need 2042 and 2047, make sure you don't get the 2042(s) that is a simplified form for regular wage earners.  The downloaded forms do not always print out the whole form page by page, computers and printers will vary,  so it may be better to collect a paper form for filling in ink for the first year, as long as your tax office is not a long way away.  If you get stuck, you can PM me as long as your return is not too complicated or try the E mail helpline [email protected] or go to your tax office some have English speakers, some have helpful people but not necessarily at the same office.[:P]

Wait until after the 8 May holiday the forms should be available then, its not that there is any great rush to get them back is there?  Remember to complete a copy as well.

Last year in 35 which was one of the trial depts for the pre-filled in tax forms, we had about 10 days maximum, if that, from receiving the forms to returning them to meet the tax office deadline. I hope it is a little longer now everything has gone national.

[quote user="Suandpete"]Ours arrived yesterday (Deux-Sèvres) and have to be returned by 31st May - or completed on line by 20th June.
[/quote]

I'm glad you said that.  Our forms arrived yesterday and at a quick glance I thought the return date was 27 June.  I've just checked and it is 31 May like yours plus on line completion by 27 June.  There are times when it is not worth the bother of fiddling about on line and a  simple bit of paper and a stamp suits me fine even if it has to be done sooner!

Liz

Ahhhhhhhh   but you get a 20€ discount if you complete the returns on line and pay by preleve or on line  And you get an extra  27 days to do it.[:D] 

EDIT Precompleted forms have to be returned bv different dates depending on where you live, the very SW,  Landes, Gers etc up to La Rochelle and Paris is by 12 June, the rest of the SW and the coastal NW departments by 27 June and the rest of the country incuding the SE, Corsica  and the North by 20 June.

f you do decide to do it on line,  take a copy after you have sent it and not before as you will not get a teledeclaration number which you will need for future account management.  I found that out the hard way.[:$]

If it is your first return, you will get a bill that has to be paid by this September,  I'm not sure if you have an option of monthly or 3 monthly payments in the first year (perhaps Les Lauriers or TU know), but although you get this in subsequent years,  you do not get until September to pay in year 2 et seq , you will start paying tax in February and you will have paid 2/3 of your tax bill before you get your next declaration.  These payments are based on the previous year's bill, under or overpayments are sorted out in the Septermber payment.[:D]

Hi all,

Thanks for all the info. Ron - I had already used your email on-line help as I found the address on one of your earlier posts for someone else. I can fully recommend it, I got a response within hours.

Our return is not difficult, investment income only for this year. I put this on my email to the tax office and the lady there came back with forms 2042 and 2047 which I have to admit I was surprised at for something so simple.  I had thought it was form 2042 only. However, she has actually told me which sections of which form to complete so I'll do as asked, unless it obviously makes no sense when I get the forms. Then I'll either email her again, or PM you, kind sir!

Thanks again,

VB[8-)]

Vicky

2047 is the form used for recording income from abroad.  Much of it is a listing of countries with the calculation factors to be used for different types of income from the different countries.

In our case and within the EU, the completion is straight forward with no calculations to do,  all you have to do is make sure you put the figures in the right boxes and carry them over onto the 2042 form.

Obvious question, are they the same forms? The ones from Les Impots are out,  they come in a blue plastic wrapper, if you have submitted a return before they are pre-completed with last years figures, you have to cross out and correct any errors or complete on line.  It is unusual in the sticks for Mairies to get involved in tax matters, perhaps they are just making sure les anglais do a tax return.[:)], 

Pat,  what makes you think the Mairie would not know your "private information" already? They are after all part of the social security and housing system of the country and they also deal with all the local taxes, budgets, valuations etc, so they know what your tax fonciere and habitation is based on already.  To do this they probably have access to all sorts of systems and records, possibly the impots and CPAM systems, which incidentally are also linked.  In these computerised days it is really hard to keep anything really private.[geek]

Thanks Ron, I suppose you're right. I just don't like/trust our Maire

after an unpleasant first experience with him when we had committed

various misdemeanors due to our ignorance. We have been completing the

forms, only a declaration as our income is taxed in UK. This is the

first time the Mairie has been involved. Pat.

Pat

Perhaps your run in with Monsieur Le Maire explains the tax forms[:D]

Is your income from a government source then, like the Civil Service or a local authority?  If it isn't it should be taxed in France and not the UK.  You may have read recently of the thread about somebody near Montauban who had been wrongly paying tax in the UK being presented with a massive tax bill in France because they had not realised that their old age pension was taxable in France.  If it is a UK Government generated income then of course you are right you only have to declare it in France.

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can confirm for me that I'm filling in my personal tax forms correctly.  We have lived in France for 13 years and, of course, filled in these forms every year.  However this is the first time for pensions.  Since November 2005 I have received an old-age pension and a (very small) teachers pension from the UK.   The first is paid into our French bank and the second into an account in the UK.  I understand the old-age pension goes onto page 3 section 1of the 2042 K DPR form, and the teachers pension onto section 8, but I'm not sure if it is under TI, TL or TK.  I apologise in advance  if this is a stupid question, but I realise it is important to get these forms correct the first time or you can have endless complications after!

Many thanks,

Laine

[quote user="Laine"]    Hi,
I am hoping that someone can confirm for me that I'm filling in my personal tax forms correctly.  We have lived in France for 13 years and, of course, filled in these forms every year.  However this is the first time for pensions.  Since November 2005 I have received an old-age pension and a (very small) teachers pension from the UK.   The first is paid into our French bank and the second into an account in the UK.  I understand the old-age pension goes onto page 3 section 1of the 2042 K DPR form, and the teachers pension onto section 8, but I'm not sure if it is under TI, TL or TK.  I apologise in advance  if this is a stupid question, but I realise it is important to get these forms correct the first time or you can have endless complications after!
Many thanks,

Laine
[/quote]

Hi  Laine

It matters not where the money is banked its still income.   Not sure if you know this apologioes if you do but it may help others.

You must also complete a  2047 form.  On this form , you put your UK old age pension total into section 1 on Page 1 under pensions. On page 3 under Royame-Uni, you enter any savings interest and carry that down to the bottom into box A and then TS (the same amount), there is no calculation.      On page 4 of 2047 you enter your UK OA pension total in section Vlll .  You enter your teacher's pension in section Vl also on page 4 with an indication of what it is.

On 2042 K (DPR), your savings interest goes into box TS on page 3 section 2.

As you say, on 2042 , your UK OA pension goes in box AS in section 1 pensions retraites etc, It also goes into section 8 on page 4 ,box TL.

The teachers pension on which tax has been paid in the UK goes in box TI in section 8.  Please note this was incorrectly stated earlier by me as box TK

If you have any queries you can ask the tax people in English by E mail to [email protected]

Hi,

Many thanks for the replies, especially Ron for all the details - I will try to download the 2047 form and do as you say.

Unfortunately I don't have any savings interest to declare !   but you have made it all very clear and I'm sure other people will also really appreciate your help.  Thanks again.

Regards,

Laine