Credit Agricole - English Assistance

Lori

Just signed on to check my account (C/A Alpes Provence) and noticed a new icon at the top left section for English speakers.  I had not noticed it before.

You can even click and have them call you - hence no call fees.  I did just that as I was curious and had a long nagging question I wanted to ask.

I clicked the Call Me icon and it asked me if I wanted the call "right now," "in one minute" or in up to five minutes.  I clicked right now.  My phone rang.  An automated voice told me my call was being connected.  A gentleman answered in French, I asked him (in French) if he spoke English, he did.  I asked my question, he took my account details and told me he would find the answer and call me back.

Wow !  I told him how nice it was to offer this service as sometimes certain problems can be complicated to explain if your French is not perfect; banking terms, computer terms, etc., etc.

Wasn't sure if anyone else out there might have used the service, but I was very pleased to see it.

That's handy Lori.

My area site, C/A Nord Midi-Pyrenees, does have an icon at the top left-hand side for English speakers, but that just directs users to a page written in English, and some links to English parts of the site.  Useful enough in it's way, and nice of them to have it,  but nowhere near as fab as getting someone to phone you.

I'm with ca-charente-perigord and they have an icon for English speakers on the upper left side which takes you to some English pages, on the first page there is a box to click on the right hand side which says 'Need help?' 'Click here' 'for a free call', but beware they don't always have an English speaker who phones you back!! and the day I used it they didn't have any English speakers to put me through to either!![:(]

My French is not good enough to understand most French telephone conversations![blink] They can't see the hand gestures[8-)]

Chipie

In Herault we have Credit Agricole Key Finance, which is a free service to English speaker and you are assigned your own English speaking advisor (one is actually an UK native abroad).  They do have other add on services which you pay for but the basic English advisor / account handler is free.  The plus with this is that you can speak to the same person all the time.