Redevance ordures ménagères

Clair

[quote user="tenniswitch"]You get billed separately for your garbage collection?  Ours is included in our taxes (presumably, tdH) [/quote]

Ours is billed as a separate item on the Taxe Foncière bill:

132 euros for 2005

134 euros for 2006

Although we don't pay the TF bill - as we are renting - we do pay the garbage collection part to the owner.

Sue

[quote user="spg"]

[quote user="tenniswitch"]You get billed separately for your garbage collection?  Ours is included in our taxes (presumably, tdH) [/quote]

Ours is billed as a separate item on the Taxe Foncière bill:

132 euros for 2005

134 euros for 2006

Although we don't pay the TF bill - as we are renting - we do pay the garbage collection part to the owner.

Sue

[/quote]

You're quite right.  I didn't look carefully enough.

I can't seem to find copies of our 2002 and 2003 TF, but the others were:

2004: 54€

2005: 67€

2006: 79€ and 97€ (for the house that is, at present, uninhabited, and was, in 2006 uninhabitable; hmmm...)

Hi

We have received ours (gone up 20 euro on last yr) along with two others for our gites!!!!!! When I enquired at the commune why I had three bills and where did they get the info, they promptly replied INTERNET!!!!!!! (confirmed with the information and description on the bill) So it would appear the powers that be do search for gites etc via the net, and I thought it was scaremongering when I heard the rumours.  Said bills have been paid...ouch!  Has anyone else had bills received in this way?  Are there any more surprises out there??? 

Jetlag

Hi Clair

It's our first yr, we registered with commune last yr and got only one bill, this yr we got three and the gite info was obatained from the internet. (have completed new H1 form for the renovation so far) Other gite owners etc I have spoken to, haven't had bills for the gites, maybe it was because we have a sign out side!!!  I queried it mainly because it was a surprise as I hadn't submitted any info (you normally get some forms to fill in) and to see if there was a reduction if you only trade for 6 months in the year, but nope, pay for full yr.  C'est la vie! We are considering looking at commercial collections rather than household collections when we have all four gites up and running.  Does anyone use that service and is it more cost effective???  Will sit back and relax and wait for whopping great habitation tax bill!!! And any others that decide to come our way[:P]

Jetlag

Not quite related to your post, however you seem to have a lot of relevant information at your disposal. We have a number of properties rented, yesterday we received a notice telling us that we had not paid the bin charge for one of the properties. The charge related to one of our properties, apparently one of the renters asked for a bin and gave our name as the owners of the property. The bill came to us, all of the other tennants have taken the contract out in their own name. We visited the tresor public and they stated that it was our liability despite the fact that we did not enter any contract nor requested their services.

The tennant does not want to pay the bill, are we obliged to pay for a service that we did not contract for.

ams

Jetlag

This charge is not just for emptying bins but also covers the bulk handling at dechetteries. You may get a contractor in for your household waste but you'll still end up with a charge against your house(s) for these other services. The bulk handling charge makes up most of the cost so your savings, if any, would be very small.

The way the charge is structured in our local communes I don't believe there is an "opt in opt out" option.

It is payable by the the person who is owner of the property on 1st January of the year in question.

As long as the cost is invoiced separately or clearly defined as part of the impôts fonciers, you are allowed to charge your tenant for the amount as part of the charges collectives.