credit agricole online banking

woody

i can log on to ca online banking and type my account number and password then a page comes up showing how much has been taken out of the account, like the water and electric bill, my french is not that good you see, does anybody know what to click on to get my balance on screen and maybe previous transactions, can anyone help please

Not with CA Nord Midi Pyrenees its not.  After getting past the mouse clicked  password, you get an account screen with your accounts and balances, you click on the individual accounts to get the transaction history. The only thing different to the HSBC's on line banking  is that you do not a blow by blow daily balance, only the current balance.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]Not with CA Nord Midi Pyrenees its not.  After getting past the mouse clicked  password, you get an account screen with your accounts and balances, you click on the individual accounts to get the transaction history. The only thing different to the HSBC's on line banking  is that you do not a blow by blow daily balance, only the current balance.[/quote]

RA

I'm with CA charente maritime/deux sevres.  Mines exactly like this.

Dotty

Excactly like what Dotty?  CA Midi Pyrennees,  Herefords which is different to mine or the OP which is different again?

Ah isn't regional diversity wonderful?[Www] 

TU I was referring to the UK HSBC on line banking, much more secure than CA, if I make a mistake with the account number or secret number with CA it tells me I have made a mistake and with which number, the HSBC UK one just kicks you out completely if you get any part of the sign in wrong and you have to start all ovver again[:-))]

The french HSBC password system is lamentable (well my banks bit of it). In fact the only good thing I can say about it is that the system is often down and I and no one else can look at it. It has so few functions that no one can actually do anything to my account using it.

I wonder if the CCF has a better system?

[quote user="Dick Smith"]You are making me feel so pleased that I turned down CA's offer of internet banking! How much does it cost to get this wonderful service?
[/quote]

Its free now Dick,  and quite useful if you are a long way from a bank as you can transfer money between savings and current accounts and make payments to other CA customers in your region.

Bank charges depend on the type of account you have, I pay about 6€ a month but this has an interest free Overdraft of 600€ but unlike in the UK where free banking is the norm, CA charge for the pleasure of looking after your money[:D]

EDIT  CA is probably safer than any UK bank that requires a password or security number to be keyed in as this can be read,  in theory by spyware, whereas with the mouse grid,  spyware cannot detect mouse clicks.

[quote user="Dotty "]

Not sure Dick.  I pay 8.15 euros per month, not sure if its for internet banking or what. [/quote]

Gosh Dotty we pay 7.40€ to [Atlantique] Banque Populaire each month and I thought that was an astronomically huge charge, but for that price they are excellent - very speedy with virements from the UK and their online banking is superb.

Sue

Dick wrote:    'I eventually assumed that the branch (Mortain) had run out of compliments slips'.

But isn't it usual for most businesses to send a compliment slip to acknowledge receipt of something or to attach to something .

Weird, must admit I was very puzzled at the time but just assumed 'it's the French way'

Dick wrote: 'I suppose so, but compliments slips cost a lot less than letterhead!'

Very true Dick - I'm not going to complain though cos we have had our account for over 3 years and have never yet been charged a monthly fee as many others seem to have.

The only fees they have ever charged me are 5 euro something for new cheque books and even they were free until the middle of last year - we were getting through them at a rate of knots so decided to get a debit card for which we had to pay 32 euro.

On the whole not unhappy with the service we get from them.

Ours isn't bad - we've no reason to complain. There are often long waits in the branch, especially when someone opens a new account at the cashier's desk as happened the last time we were in!

I'm not sure that we are charged a standing charge, but the debit cards seem expensive to me.