declare on line

krusty

Can I ask please that, if anyone wants to crack jokes, they do it in a thread that doesn't involve tax forms, at least for the next few weeks.  I've already spent far more time than I would have liked today clearing up another tax related thread after a spate of verbal fisticuffs broke out.

As I said in the other thread,  please leave the tax questions in the finance section clear for those who are trying to fill in their tax forms.  It's really not doing anyone any favours if they have to wade through pages of joking, bickering and point scoring in order to find what they are looking for.

Thank you.

ERrrrrrrrr  declaring on line does not involve tax forms.  The issue here was of when it can be done and that should be clear to anybody who is entitled to do it as they will have received an E mail saying it can be done from vendredi  2 mai. 

Cat,  I take your point about the other threads, but it would be easier if everyone with a query did not open up a new thread, and had read the FAQ's first.  Quite honestly those instructions are so clear that if they cannot understand the process after reading those they really need to take their forms to an English speaking French accountant or the Tax office for completion.

Ron you give very helpful information and I thank you , but not everyone will get an email , I did not get an email but have been able to fill in the forms on line already.

The FAQ is very helpful but it does not cover everything , eg step by step through a 3916.

[quote user="Benjamin"]I've heard                                                              But I could have misheard. [Www]

[/quote]

Guilty as charged  [:D]

Maybe if you do not give an E mail address to which the receipt for your tax return is sent, you might not have got a letter, but nevertheless the date given by the French tax office for on line returns for 2007 is 2 May, I just cannot see why anybody would want to risk not getting their tax return in the system by doing it earlier.  As for the 3916, see the last post from Les Lauriers here http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1218115/ShowPost.aspx

I have used an on-line account to file my French Tax returns for the last two years and he has made some errors so I am going to file on-line myself for 2007.

My accountant had declared PAYE salary in TRAITEMENTS, SALAIRES BOX AJ and my UK Bank Gross interest in REVENUS DES VALEURS ET CAPITAUX MOBILIERS BOX TR does anyone know it this correct?

Ian Rough.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]  As for the 3916, see the last post from Les Lauriers here http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1218115/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

The post from Les was a good answer but no use if you are trying to fill it in on line , I took your advice Ron , filled in my name at top of form and bank details at the bottom section.

Incidentally on line it ask`s how many bank accounts you wish to declare , max 10.

Will I need a special number to use the on-line form? We still havent recd our tax forms even tho we have previously filled one in. Ive emailed the tax office asking them to send one and theyve told me to do it online. Im sure I read somewhere that I need a special allocated number to do this - am I right?

I needed my No. Teledeclarant (found on my tax return form 2042), my No. Fiscal (found on form 2042, or old Taxe d'Habitation forms) and my Revenue Fiscal de Reference (from last year's Avis de Impot).