Just received the Taxe F bill - do I need to do anything

PaulT

Just received the bill. Have not managed to check last years but sure that the previous year we filled in a form, sent an RIB and last years was then automatically taken from our bank account - there was something on it saying that it would be taken automatically.

This years bill contains nothing to indicate it will be taken automatically. The payment slip does have all the bank details. Do I need to do anything - do I need to send a cheque, sign the slip and return it or just do nothing?

Thanks

Paul

I think I'd be cautious on that one in case they c.o.c.k it up and drain your bank A/C [:'(]

A little paranoid perhaps such things do happen and some people avoid direct debits to any institutions purely for that reason.

NOTE: James May can say C.O.C.K on BBC TV but I can't say it here, (or c 0 c k even !) [blink] Yes, I know, we've been there before and it's the US based software, but it's irritating and pathetic all the same !

If not a c.o.c.k what do Americans call a male chicken/bird then ?

[quote user="AnOther"]

I think I'd be cautious on that one in case they c.o.c.k it up and drain your bank A/C [:'(]

A little paranoid perhaps such things do happen and some people avoid direct debits to any institutions purely for that reason.

[/quote]

Are those the same people who think bank/credit cards are the spawn of the Devil and moan when they have problems withdrawing a big wodge of cash from their rural bank branch so they can carry it around in their back pocket all day?

The umpteen billion people who use direct debits for regular payments seem to have few problems with institutional account draining............ [;-)]

[quote user="tenniswitch"]Is it possible to do that for TF and TdH for a residence secondaire? We pay only property taxes in France.[/quote]

We're in the same position and managed to sort it out last year, no problem.  And we've just received this year's bill which says we don't need to take any action as it will be taken automatically.  Much easier for those of us that prefer to keep life simple!

Please can someone help. We live in 85 near Fontenay and I handed in our declaration in May.

To date no avis. Has anyone else please near Fontenay received their tax demand yet.

I have a phobia over these guys and as I am going back to the UK for a little while near to resolve.

My accountant tells us we have grossly overpaid to date by prelevements.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]The umpteen billion people who use direct debits for regular payments seem to have few problems with institutional account draining............ [;-)][/quote]

Whilst I personally will continue to use direct debits, I can relate a tale of exactly that. 

A client (hence I will state the minimum of facts to protect the party concerned) had an erroneous computer generated electric bill for over 10000€.  As they were on DD, the DD went from approx 15€ per month to over 1100€ per month.  It was 2 months before they noticed, and I was just too late to stop a third payment going out.  Until EDF personally read the meter, they are refusing to pay back the sum "stolen" by them, but will credit it against future bills (thats a lot of bills).  The client is now overdrawn.  The situation WILL soon be resolved, but in the meantime the client is very worried and angry.