In Need of Advice

My wife and I are interested in buying a 3 bedroom property in southeastern France to enjoy the sun.  We have a number of wants.  They are:

1.  15 minute access to the beach and see the Med.

2.  In the case of purchasing a home, have a swimming pool, or in case of owning an apartment, a pool is part of the development.

3.  Close to a direct flight airport from London

Where would you recommend looking and do you recommend a house or apartment?  Are there any specific new developments you recommend we consider.  We would like to spend between Euro 350-450K.

Thanks,

Robert 

My only advice is to not rely solely on flights to get you back and forth. Airlines can and do cancel routes at the drop of a hat, and many brits have found themselves with serious transport difficulties due to loosing a regular route to their second home.

• 4 weeks later...
I would get out a pair of compasses and draw a circle to include Montpelier, Carcassonne, Perpignan and Gerona (just over the border into Spain)

Ryanair can't stop using ALL those airports surely.

The latest news is that they are stopping flights to Perpigan this winter but increasing flights to Carcassonne and Gerona.

• 2 weeks later...
Robert, your budget is much too small for the Alpes Maritime & Var, as a three bedroom house with pool & sea views, within 15 mins of the Med is going to set you back well over a million euros, in walk in condition.

Apartments can be found cheaper, but tend to be very small and for three bedrooms you are looking at 600k upwards to the skies the limit.

We tried the Gers and found it too cold and damp so have headed to the Herault and love it with good access with half a dozen airports close by, 1/2 hour to the Med or Mountains and 45 mins to Montpellier gives a great variety to do. If you want good weather you really need to be near the Med.