The Man who Pays the Piper.

1 hour ago, cajal said:

It looks like the Wagner Group may have acquired a new pay master. 👍

No, he is rich in his own world . Megalomania may be playing a part but wealth, no. Is this the end of Putin? I doubt it as long as the hangers-on think he can win. My view, Putin is finished. Probably end up a 'guest' of China; 

I would be very surprised if Putin is ever put on trial.  Exile, maybe, but trial; no.

Now the Wagner threat is, apparently, over what next for Russia? The whole episode must be seen as a weakening of Putins authority but is it enough to see him overthrown? Time will tell! 

I have alway thought that the only way this war will end is if, and when, Putin is disposed. I still believe that and thought this was the beginning of the end of his reign, but no; not yet. The war will rumble on but Putin is weaker; of that there can be little doubt. Putin will be very concerned for his future I think!!

My take, at the moment, on all of this is that yesterday we witnessed two mafia style bosses sorting out their ongoing spat in a hastily cobbled manner for the benefit of the world's media to digest. The situation has, though, left Putin in a vulnerable and weakened position where he was forced to take to the Russian airwaves with an unscheduled public address, something he never does.

I will not be at all surprised, if in a few weeks I read that Prighozin has met an untimely death after falling from a balcony while in Belarus. Therefore, no knife or gunshot wounds, nor signs of any ingestion of polonium to cover up.

NATO must now ignore Biden and elevate that Brit guy, Wallace to secretary general in autumn to replace Stoltenberg, fast track Ukraine's admission to NATO and then proceed to chuck all the latest military hardware and technology at Zelensky's disposal.  This would aid the Ukraine forces to hopefully call time on this criminal Russian activity.

2 hours ago, cajal said:

My take, at the moment, on all of this is that yesterday we witnessed two mafia style bosses sorting out their ongoing spat in a hastily cobbled manner for the benefit of the world's media to digest. The situation has, though, left Putin in a vulnerable and weakened position where he was forced to take to the Russian airwaves with an unscheduled public address, something he never does.

I will not be at all surprised, if in a few weeks I read that Prighozin has met an untimely death after falling from a balcony while in Belarus. Therefore, no knife or gunshot wounds, nor signs of any ingestion of polonium to cover up.

NATO must now ignore Biden and elevate that Brit guy, Wallace to secretary general in autumn to replace Stoltenberg, fast track Ukraine's admission to NATO and then proceed to chuck all the latest military hardware and technology at Zelensky's disposal.  This would aid the Ukraine forces to hopefully call time on this criminal Russian activity.

Dream world, Wallace will never get the job. I agree that Prighozin may fall out of a window but N.A.T.O. can't ignore that idiot in the. White house because N.A.T.O. is the U.S.A.  Ukraine will not be allowed to join N.AT.O. because of the fear of Nuclear war! I support Ukraine, but does the E.U.?

• 2 months later...
On 25/06/2023 at 15:07, cajal said:

I will not be at all surprised, if in a few weeks, I read that Prighozin has met an untimely death after falling from a balcony while in Belarus. Therefore, no knife or gunshot wounds, nor signs of any ingestion of polonium to cover up.

Correct regarding the timescale. Partially correct regarding the method of execution.......he didn't after all fall from a balcony but from out of the sky!