Tax Rebate

Gardian

OK, it's happy news day!

Some time back, I asked on here whether the 25% tax rebate on the cost of materials for replacement windows was a total rebate or just an offset to zero (i.e. if tax bill = €1000, & cost of materials = €6000, do you get €500 back, or does it just wipe out your liability).  The answer (& I can't remember from whom), was the former.

He / she was right.  Didn't doubt it, by the way, but it was a win - win situation.

So ................. tax return submitted online by the due date. I've got the invoice from the supplier, but no proof required (I've got it if needed). Avis accessible online a week or so ago.  Big rebate hit my a/c yesterday. [:D]

Conclusions:

• online submission of your tax return is good (9 wks from submission to the avis is quick)
  • deductable home improvements make sense - worth 15-20% ish discount to most of us

[quote user="gardengirl "]I love your avatar, by the way![/quote]

Taken from the kayak that I was in, paddling down the Gardon a few years ago. About ten mins later, I was faced with getting through the deep bit underneath the bridge - the water swirls around quite a bit there and I was already shattered!  Well worth doing though.

• 1 month later...
The current Union Budget provides for tax rebates to each and every

individual who is subjected to the payment of taxes in India, even

those individuals whose income is more than Rs. 500,000. The earlier

version of Section 88 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 did not allow any tax

rebate to such individuals. Section 88 serves to abolish all tax rebates in India with regard to

income from interests. The Union Budget provides tax rebates on a

number of issues like rebate on the payment of premium on a medical

insurance, or spending on the medical treatment of the tax payer or his

family member, on the interest amount of a housing loan in case the

specific house is used by the tax payer for residential purposes.

[quote user="Russethouse"]
They are a Canadian company, I'd be surprised if French or English loans are of interest......
[/quote]

No, but I assume that Canadians, like US citizens buy a holiday property in France - so they may have Canadian loans

Hello

I just got a large tax rebate, I have no idea why and I dont want to ask in case it's not really mine!!  I have had the avis and it all looks fine but why the refund, no idea, maybe due to my return to the UK and only being resident part year, not going to ask just bank it.

Gardian did you get these fitted by an artisan or was it DIY? I only ask ask as friends were caught out with a controle and the impots took their refund back, he had installed them all himself.

edit just did a search and saw that you got yours installed. As he had DIY'd as they have such a big house, they lost out? or were the impots wrong to take back their money???

• 6 months later...

Well, I've just had a look at the 2009 Tax Guide and can see no reference to any requirement for French manufacture or sourcing.  It would probably be contrary to EU Law, not that such a requirement would stop the Impots.[blink]

Just a health warning: there's often talk of permanent or temporary suspension of these tax rebates. Quite frankly, I'm out of touch with whether they still stand.  Too late in the evening for me to check, but someone else may well have the definitive answer.