Silicone kitchen cooking mould dangers

It seems that some or many of the moulds that folk are now using for cakes and the like may give off dangerous chemicals which get into the food when heated to high temperatures. Back to metal?

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/sante/alimentation/une-proportion-assez-enorme-de-moules-en-silicone-est-consideree-comme-peu-sure-pour-la-sante-alerte-ufc-que-choisir_5514849.html

Another of those alarms that go away, given time?  Remember the advice about not cooking with aluminium pots?  Then there's possible death from cling film and of course of aluminium foil.  So why do they keep selling these things?

Anyway, Wools, what interested me more than your article is the picture of le English breakfast further down the page.  It's not un English that I have ever been presented with.  What is the slice of melon and the slice of orange doing on the plate?  What is in that little container in the middle of the plate?  And that lump of meat of indeterminate origin?  A bit of good old French paté? 

Not altogether appetising, I must admit.  I don't like my eggs like that flat and oily looking.  Where is the little frilly egg- white skirt?  Plus those sausages!!  Did we not used to call them cocktail sausages and they came out of tins packed tightly in brine? No cumberlands?  No black pudding, no mushrooms, baked beans or grilled tomatoes.  What's with the fried potatoes?

Thought I'd forgotten all about English breakfasts but the mind WOULD get all nostalgic on a cold winter's evening!

Natural gas and propane stoves can release carbon monoxide, formaldehyde and other harmful pollutants into the air, which can be toxic to people and pets. Deep fat fryers that  contain a variety of hazardous substances, including acrolein, benzene, formaldehyde, crotonaldehyde, etc., which are considered potential carcinogens. Inhaling oil fumes would cause short-term symptoms such as nose, eyes, and throat irritation, headaches, fatigue, and nausea.

Not to mention Teflon flu, induction hobs and pacemakers, dangerous place the kitchen!

Indeed, kitchens are said to be the most dangerous room in the house.  Many accidents in the home take place in kitchens; you can imagine, cuts, burns, scalds, and even fights and murders, apparently.

Fortunately, little chance of that happening chez nous.  OH studiously keeps out of the kitchen and I like to be left alone in there to get on with it.  Peace reigns in our kitchen🙂

• Like 1