Fun time coming in the Assemblé Nationale

Looks like a wild rock and roll party building up with threats of dissolution, motions of censure, various hindering processes and some tough legislation to come. Worth keeping and eye or an ear open for the antics:

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/politique/parlement-francais/assemblee-nationale/ca-va-etre-rock-une-rentree-parlementaire-entre-menace-de-dissolution-et-motions-de-censure_5394730.html

Not that you hear any of that reported on the BBC,   for whom of course it's only "Tory/Brexit Britain" that has any problems,   while the EU is a paradise of smooth-functioning harmonious sunny-uplands.

With the French AND the Italians to watch,   it could be quite an amusing winter.

Of course,   von de Leyen said last week that she had "tools" to deal with the Italian system,   so no need for any worry.....

I actually feel very sorry for Mme Borne,    I can list a lot of ex Premier Ministres who probably find life in such places as Le Havre and Prades an absolute breeze after their time in office.

I don't on the other hand feel sorry for Macron,   in fact his current situation is rather delicious to watch.    And if he has to call another election when Parliament falls apart......

• Like 3

My two favourites, apart from indicted former Presidents that is, is the Minister for Justice under investigation and the  former Finance Minister imprisoned for money laundering! I suppose a close second comes the president of the assembly under investigation for his preferences regarding contracts to companies!!