IKEA credit card

stan

I see that Ikea are advertising their Ikea Family card where customers can apply online and then bring their ID/banking proofs etc. to an Ikea store for a credit up to 1,500 euros. Has anyone applied for this card in this way and if so, is the credit available for purchases on the day you show your ID etc at the store?

I have one too! What I am wondering about is, if anyone has applied online for the credit card and then visited the store within the 15 days they specify, and whether that credit is available on the day when you show the documents they request to complete your file.

We bought a new sofa after xmas (less than €700 worth) and applied for the IKEA credit to do so as we had other bills to pay at same time - the application took approx 15mins to do the paperwork upon production of avis d'impôt for 2009 and carte de séjour plus bank rib.Sofa ordered immediately after paperwork done same time and delivered within four days, finance approved next day by internet message and now they have given us €4500 credit just like that out of the blue to use for anything we want and not just for IKEA stuff . Norskken finance are the company. We have an IKEA family card which is also the credit card and gain points regularly as we go very often having a son living five mins from the store. Darty also gave us €3500 worth of credit when I bought a big american fridge over three months.

• 2 months later...
Just caught up with this thread.

We've had an Ikea credit card and for our first kitchen purchase we spent the maximum (4,500) and spread it over 10 months. It was quite hefty to pay it back but a bonus was that we did get a "gift" voucher to use by a certain date.

Recently we made a purchase on the credit card, but decided to pay it off as soon as so when the bill came in we sent off a cheque. However, the cheeky blighters also took it from our bank so in fact we paid twice, as the statement shows.

Does anyone know if they will deduct this off of our next purchase? A few phone calls to Norskken, and a letter sent by post have not proved successful so just wondering how we can get back our double payment.