want to go back to this

Dave,

Guess what, sorry to disappoint you but we have ice in the morning here as well ! Provence, Dordogne and Brittany and in all 3 places we have had ice on the car windows on occasional mornings (and if late in the evening around someone's house, we would sometimes have to scrape ice off the windows) . In fact the further south (Provence) If we parked our car on the north side of our place, there would often be pretty solid ice on the car windows on many mornings !!

Sorry ......................

[quote]if there is 2 feet of snow in 79 I have made the wrong choice Dave[/quote]

Now you are moving the goalposts and putting snow in the frame, it was ice I thought !

What if I said we had snow up to our necks on a few occasions ! Anyway, a bit of snow in 79 would make it very pretty

Just spent the last couple of weeks in the UK and drove down to Dover from the NE on the 19th of Dec, clear all the way down, in fact it was a very nice clear travelling day. It was blxxdy cold in Reims though where we stayed overnight and we were ages scrapping the windscreen. Could do with some more snow in the Alps, not as much as there should be here for this time of year.