Bikers in the Charente

Does anyone know of any biker meeting points in the Charente Maritime ? We moved from Surrey where Box Hill was our Sunday morning meeting point and am now really missing a coffee and a chat with like minded people. If not would anyone be interested to meet up sometime during the summer for a good chat about how fantastic the riding is over here compared to England ?

Is it safe to presume that when you say 'bikers' you're not referring to pedal power?  My OH has a Kawazaki 600 and we'll be moving to the region in the coming months and looking for someone mates with motorbikes. It's never as much fun alone.

Pedal power, what's that?! Who would want to pedal when you can have an engine! I have a Kawazaki ZZR 1100 and the missus has a Suzuki 400, although she is too scared to ride it! She's no fun. I need some proper biker company.

We're just north of Melle; Saint-Jean-D'Angely is about 45 minutes away (by car) if I remember correctly. The last time we went there, we found a pineau and cognac tasting establishment so my recollection may be slightly inaccurate.

Why don't you drop us a private message and we can make a plan....?

[quote]Hi Have a look at this site for the Charente: seems they get together the last Friday of each month and have something special planned for 1st May. http://amc16.free.fr/calendriere.htm val[/quote]

Crumbs can you get knobblies to fit a ZZR?

hi don't know of a specific meeting place like box hill but me and a friend we are both close to st jean would like to meet up for a ride out, there is a cafe in lussant that a french bike club meets not sure when but i can find out, there is a round of the world motocross championship at st jean on the 26th june that would be worth going to. send pm to arrange possible meet.

[quote]Wish I still had a bike[/quote]

Well you are welcome to come round one dark night and steal the old kwak that's been in our back barn for the past three years!! The brakes have siezed and the oil delivery man curses and has to clamber over it to get to the tank everytime we have a delivery as I can't shift the b*****y thing!!

Partner says he's going to restore it when the house is finished. Yeah, and pigs will fly........