Winter

It has been very warm in Wales too Ian.  I have worn open toe sandals to town the last couple of weekends.  However, there is a cold front coming in now and we are getting back to normal.  A bit like the housing market, dont you think? [;-)]

Incidentally, the coldest weather I have ever experienced is down your neck of the woods.

Apart from yesterday when it was overcast and rained for a couple of minutes down here in my little corner of 46 it's been wall to wall sunshine for the past week or so with temperatures in the low 20's peaking at 25 today.

Overnight it's down to between 1 & 3 deg.

You mean this is not normal............................[:-))]

If you look at the back of the Sud Ouest Dimanche they have as well as the weather forcast, the recorded temperatures for the same date 15, 30 & 50 years ago as well as the record highs and lows for the region.  So far all the extremes of both heat and cold seem to be in the 40's, 50's and 60's which surprised me.

I've been here 15 years and where we are this winter's been pretty cold though today was glorious, but not that unusual imo, I always used to take the children to the Dune de Pyla in the Febraury break and it was always hot when we climbed up.

• 3 weeks later...
your OK in 24 (well the North bit anyway!) its been very windy and very wet after our early summer! But its supposed to improve tomorrow (I hope so - got lots of cutting to do before everyone comes down for easter!)

Steve