Paying TaxF and Tax d`H for the first time.

dexter

Having moved into my property last June I had no need to pay the above taxes as they had been paid by the previous owner. This year of course it is now up to me to pay them.

Do I need to apply to pay these taxes or will I automaticaly recieve a bill/bills in the post?

If I do need to apply to whom do I make the application?  All of my searching on the internet to find the answer has so far drawn a blank.

Thanks in anticipation,

Dexter

You should be receiving them about now'ish. These bills'll be due for payment within the next couple of months. And if you prefer you will be able to start a standing order from January to make ten payments and then any extra payment due will be taken out in Nov, or Nov and Dec.

If you don't receive them, then personally, I'd contact my local Tresor Public.

I must EDIT my post as Sid so wisely pointed out, mine was not clear.

This year's bill is due to paid within the next few weeks, all the details of when amounts are due, will be on the impots france web site and will be on your bill.

IF you want to use a standing order to pay for next year's bill you will have to do it once you have your bill and the first payment will come out in January

Fear not, the tax authorities will not forget you! The Notaire will have told the appropriate people

You will get the bills fairly soon, I forget which one comes first.

There will be clear instructions on how to pay, by cheque, RIB or whatever and who to pay it too.  I pay mine to the Tressor Public in the nearest town, I expect you will have to do the same to your local Tressor. 

As a thought, my Tressor is only open a few hours a week so I just put the bill and a cheque in an envelope and bung it in there postbox, neever had a problem

As far as the 10 monthly payments are concerned, don't make my mistake in assuming that you can pay the current bill by this method! [:-))]

The bill you receive in the autumn has to be paid in full at that time. You can additionally apply to make monthly payments starting in January or February (or whenever they can sort out a starting date), but these payments are towards next year's bill.

It seemed a heavy imposition for us the first year on the monthly scheme, but once over the shock it's settled nicely. [;-)]

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Fear not, the tax authorities will not forget you! The Notaire will have told the appropriate people

You will get the bills fairly soon, I forget which one comes first.

[/quote]

Foncier comes first, but if Dexter's bill does not come soon he must cahse it up because notaires are notoriuos for c**king up the address the bills are sent to.  Frequently sending them to the French house address when it is a second home and to the former English address when it is a permanent French house.  Or in my case sending it to a ficticous address based very roughly on my employer's address - mirical that Deutsche Post got it to me.

So do not rely on the notaire.

Of course an alternative to making the 10 payments to the tax people is to open a Livret A savings account and transfer the same amount into that until the bill arrives, then pay it out of the savings.

I am trying to get rid of all prélèvements and use this method for all my major bills since the Lyonnaise des Eaux abused their access to my account and helped themselves to 350€ which I was disputing.

Hi dexter,

I just hope it all goes as smoothly as everyone suggests.

I moved into my house in 2005 and despite giving all details to the notaire and a zillion visits to the Tresor Public in my local area over many many months it actually took them until 2008 to finally find me on their system and then wanted to bill me for none payment of 2005 2006 2007 as a penalty, luckily got good friends who helped out with my sanity !!!

They eventually relented on the penalties but wanted the full amount due for the 3 years........I'd put this away in a bank account luckily !!

It seems I couldn't give away the money.

Anyway finally sorted out and the system works as everyone above has said.

I'm sure you'll be "found" eventually.

Good luck in your new home.

Mel.

That's a very good idea Norman.  We did not received an avis for the TdH last year (though we had received the Tf) but didn't think anything of it because we had been informed our liability for TdH was 10 euros per month which we paid by prelevement.  One week before Christmas we discovered the tresor took 1000 euros from our account in one lump!!  No warnings, no explanations, bang!

It turned out they had lost our tax return and levied the full TdH when we were entitled to quite a substantial discount, and sent the bill to our old address in England despite sending the Tf correctly to us here in France.  After much wrangling we eventually received a reimbursement in May this year and finally we see our address is correct and duly received our bills this month.  We have now done what you are suggesting by saving monthly amounts in our own accounts ready for the bills at the end of the year.  If the bills don't arrive we go and ask at the tresor.