longish term let required!

Hello everybody,

Currently seeking a long(ish) term let in the South East: preferably Carcassonne area but anywhere considered. References supplied.

The maximum rent will be around 350 euros a month and payed by the housing benefit - Chateau would be nice, large terrace and pool a bonus.

There are three of us and best of all - we have a dog!

Please don't be offended if it takes a little time to respond to your offers; I'm expecting a raft of replies and there are only so many hours in a day!

Not really all that cheap down here. The price mentioned is the maximum (plus adding on a few quid from ourselves) that the CAF will pay for a family of three, regardless of the house.

It currently pays for a very very small house with one bedroom. We use a sofa bed in the living room for us and the little man gets the 'bedroom'. It was unfurnished, electrics are dicky, roof leaks, but there's not much else at that price! Nice to be in a village rather than outside the centre in a high rise.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]And where are the forum admins?[/quote]

Moderators Hat ON

Watching.

Did you know you can click on a persons name and call up all their previous posts and read them?

We do allow a little humor from time to time (although I am not sugesting this is humor) and we are not censors. You don't have to read a thread if you don't want to and I can't find anything in our Code of Conduct that the original post has broken. I will continue to watch this thread just in case.

Moderators Hat OFF

Quillan.

I think this original poster was quite plainly trying to extract a large dose of 'micky' from forum members. I personally feel posts such as these should be removed. Why? Because the forum can potentially lose it's credibility. There are many people who rely on the advice and suggestions freely given by well intentioned forum members. If trivia is allowed to creep in without sanction LF will loose that credibility. Also  members trying to genuinely help others can be ridiculed. I agree that humour has a place but this post is neither amusing or credible.  

I ask what is the point of moderators?  I would suggest it is to police the code of conduct published in the forum charter. You seem to be sitting on your hands. 

Logan, you may have missed it but the poster in question has already said on other posts that three of them live in a one bedroomed place, so asking for somewhere new to rent came as no surprise to me. And I think that he would be delighted if someone came up with an offer at that price.

Unfortunately where I live, he would be going down from one bedroom to just a studio for anything like that price, but as we all know prices vary enormously in this big country.

Moderators Hat ON

Thank you Hoddy and Teamedup, that was EXACTLY why I mentioned the fact that you can check peoples posts.

I will not answer any of my following (moderators) comments after I have posted them.

We have been accused, wrongly so, of censoring posts in the past which we don't. There is nothing in this thread that breaks the CofC which is what we work to.

Often by deleting a post another 'can of worms' gets opened which then, as indeed it is now, detracts from the original thread.

We do not delete posts (or ban people) on hear say but on proof.

If anyone has a complaint about a post they should PM or email the moderators and if they recieve no satisfaction they can appeal to Forum Admin. They should not complain in open forum as this again detracts from the original post.

It is the consistent bickering, innuendo and assumptions that drive people away.

Moderators Hat OFF

OOPS SORRY ABOUT MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS HERE (NOW DELETED), GOT MIXED UP WITH ANOTHER THREAD. I MOST HUMBLY APPOLOGISE TO THE AUTHOR OF THIS THREAD AND I RETRACT MY COMMENTS ACCUSING THEM OF DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL. ONCE AGAIN VERY SORRY.

• 2 weeks later...

__I agree that humour has a place but this post is neither amusing or credible.__

Logan, I whole-heartedly agree with your comments: Welcome to my life! 

Have been away for a few weeks and only managed to receive one reply via email - the one where Montagne Noire (my ex 'landlord') offered a place near a goldmine owned by a guy named Christian.... I fell for it and posted a reply detailing what a bizarre coincidence that was - I already rent a place next to an old goldmine and my lanlord's name is Christian!!! Post quickly deleted...

Sorry for any confusion, the original post was not intended to cause offence. Strangely enough we have received a reply via PM and will be getting in touch with the guys ASAP. So there you go.      

MN: If you think you can fit in our kitchen come around for a coffee one of these days.