So where can I post my Jokes?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought that would get you going,,

As the great man said,  Doh.

B****r having to log in again.  The point that you have all missed, is that whenever someone post's a funny on this site, The next post is always in the order of,, . Eg " that's got nothing to do with France" Ect, etc whichever way you want it spelt. The point I am trying to get to, in a roundabout way, is If I post a joke , or a funny, can it just be taken in the context that is is posted and not pulled apart by the PC brigade?

If there was an icon for "never mind"

Nice and sunny here ,,

Terry

"Thought that would get you going"? No - just confused people, nothing contentious or humorous about it.

The funny thing is, I've just looked at the first ten posts in 'The Lighter Side' and there are NO comments such as you describe. One post is revealed to be a myth (careful with that - did you see the fishwife insults I got for doing it on TF? And the moderator took her side!) and one has a truly tedious response about workmen going home for lunch.

So is this just a bit of light trolling or do you have examples?

Please don't mention postmodernism Dick, spent a very long hour with a lecturer in our local, who tried to explain the many facets of the meaning.....it took 5 pints of ESB before my head stopped hurting

And no, I don't think it was but what do I know, it just sounded different somehow ?

[quote]Thought that would get you going,, As the great man said, Doh. B****r having to log in again. The point that you have all missed, is that whenever someone post's a funny on this site, The next ...[/quote]

Stop picking on the PC brigade, the Mac brigade can be just as fussy.

Had several nice pints of Pride in Sutton yesterday, whilst (of course) putting the world to rights/talking rubbish. Slipped down a treat.

Did you see the Pint of Pride I put up on the We Are Not Afraid website?

http://werenotafraid.com/images/104/index.html#

John - the Mac brigade fussy? Surely not...

[quote]Had several nice pints of Pride in Sutton yesterday, whilst (of course) putting the world to rights/talking rubbish. Slipped down a treat.Did you see the Pint of Pride I put up on the We Are Not Afrai...[/quote]

Now you are just being downright nasty...

It will be a few months more yet, until I "crash" through the doors (apologies now, to anyone twixt said door and the area where the ale is purchased) of my old local and you very well know this...

In the meantime it is 1664 on sufference, or some Belgian trappistes "stuff" that is stronger than many wines in France, which often means I will inevitably have postmodernismbeer thoughts

Yes, you sent me a PM and I saw the photos, never known a man on Pride to be afraid of too much Dick and if it's ESB, even less!

They sell Belgian Trappist Monk beer in Tesco. I feel that I am doing my bit to help the church if I buy it and that way I can avoid going to the Jumble Sales (not that I'm a church goer, but the non sanctimonious church goers do do some very good works so I like to support them).

I've sussed it! JoH posted a fairly rancid bad-taste joke and some people objected both to the joke and to the timing, which was particularly crass. So it's a post about being able to offend people and then call them politically correct if they say so!

Nearly split me sides.

Ah, the plot thickens,

Dick, you have got it.

Re, "never mind"

A minimalist joke.... 

But even more amazing is the number of replies to my original post with just the two words, "never mind"! 

Perhaps my next topic will be with just the one, Hmm, could be dangerous.

Now I'm confused and I am going to lie down for a while

Terry