Has anybody else lost their post box recently? Just got back from town, stopped to check the post only to find the box is missing! The pole it was on is still there but no sign of the box. Can't imagine why anyone would want to take it. We weren't even expecting anything exciting through the post and live down a quiet country lane so not much passing traffic. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

Whilst idly discussing the theft of the foglights from my car with a friend (they were embedded in the bumper, too - the foglights, not the friend, he was sitting on a barstool) I asked why anyone would do that. Simple, he replied, you've got some and they haven't.

Or it is possible some passing vehicle has knocked it off - but I suppose that would leave some damage. Was it unbolted or ripped off? (if you see what I mean).

Dick,

I know this is getting off the original subject of post boxes, and I do apologise, but I just had to let you know that we too have had our fog lights stolen from the car.  Ours also were embedded in the front bumper, so would have taken some trouble to remove.  Do you think we have a phantom fog light fetishist?

Incidently, our car was parked beside another english reg. car at Carrefour in Fougeres on Saturday, and guess what?  Yes, the fog lights were missing from the front bumper!

In a strange way it's comforting to know it's not just us.  

Charlotte 

[quote]Our post box was discovered battered and bruised in the road , by our neighbour , we had made the mistake of leaving it on top of the empty dustbin ! , the neighbour took it to the local `post box ` h...[/quote]

>> local `post box ` hospital<<

Local `post box ` hospital . . . . ??? Huh? How many cases of vin did you take back with you? Here is where we were when you phoned.

http://www.lankerellec.com

When are you coming back over?

Later -

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

[quote]Are you sure they didn't nick yours because theirs had gone missing?[/quote]

AH! good question BUT if this is so........................... who nicked theirs!!!!!!!!!!

This is mind boggling it could go back through thousands of people having to steal fog lamps to replace their stolen ones