Avis d'impots 2012

rropo

Hi all!

Have received my Avis d'impot for year 2012 but can anyone tell me why the total payable is about 37% more this year than it was

last year for 2011? Our gross income for both periods was roughly the same ie just our old age and private pensions and uk rental income

(which is under the uk tax threshold and hasn't changed either). There is no mention on the avis of social charges being levied. What has changed?

Surely M Hollande has not raised taxes by a whopping 37%   - Ouch!!

rropo

[quote user="rropo"]Hi all!

Have received my Avis d'impot for year 2012 but can anyone tell me why the total payable is about 37% more this year than it was

last year for 2011? Our gross income for both periods was roughly the same ie just our old age and private pensions and uk rental income

(which is under the uk tax threshold and hasn't changed either). There is no mention on the avis of social charges being levied. What has changed?

Surely M Hollande has not raised taxes by a whopping 37%   - Ouch!!

rropo

[/quote]

Hi,

Impossible to answer without seeing copies of both years avis.

As Parsnips has said, its impossible to offer advice without knowing the approximate numbers. After all, 37% more than last year's assessment of (say) €100 is perfectly possible. 

The same percentage on (say) €1000 would tend to suggest an incorrect submission of the numbers by you or an incorrect assessment by the Impots. 

If you want to pursue this (which I'm sure you do), then pm either Parsnips or me with some details (I'm sure that I speak for him, otherwise he wouldn't have responded in the first place) and whichever one of us will try to help. Its private and not in the domain of the Forum