First Tax Return

John Brown

I'm trying to help our new English neighbours with their first tax returns and can't find anywhere to download the 2042 front sheet

The Impot website does not offer the 2042 althought it says it does and this forums link to the downloads has stopped working.

The links elsewhere on the internet let you download the form but not the first page for some reason. Again they say its available to download

I've got the 2047 & 3916 downloaded and printed and wanted to send them off to the Tax Office armed with all 3 forms completed plus passports etc

Is it usual for a delay in making the complete form available to download

JB

I managed to download 2042 C - but not from the .gov website.  I cannot remember which site it was unfortunately.  Do a yahoo search and see who else claims to link to the forms.

Les Impots kindly sent me 2047 K (which asks for info to be put into 2042 C) and 2042 K, but not the 2042 C.

I had this so it should lead to the site:

I wonder if some areas are later however given the  staging of the deadlines

Madame, Monsieur,st

Vous avez opté pour la déclaration 100 % en ligne et nous vous en remercions. En 2014, comme plus de 4 millions de personnes, vous ne recevrez donc pas de déclaration de revenus papier.

Le service de déclaration en ligne est ouvert depuis le 16 avril.

Vous pouvez vous connecter avec votre numéro fiscal et votre mot de passe et sélectionner le service Déclarer mes revenus dans votre espace Particulier.

En fonction de votre département de résidence, vous devez déclarer vos revenus en ligne au plus tard le : 

mardi 27 mai : départements de n°s  01 à 19 ;

mardi 3 juin : départements de n°s  20 à 49 ;

mardi 10 juin : départements de n°s  50 à 974 / 976.

Nous vous remercions pour votre confiance.

La direction générale des finances publiques

I have just been into les impots, saw the top man again the senior controller, he said dont worry about it for the moment, come back and see me in July when things are quieter.

And that is for the 2012 and 2013 returns [:-))]

A very laid back guy and in complete contrast to the norm, charming, friendly, patient and helpfull, mind you he is sharp as a nail and would disembowel you in a few moments if you were hiding something.

This is the same guy that gave me the bums rush in 2007 albeit very politely saying dont bother doing a declaration in France, my french was very poor then which no doubt aided, I hadnt realised I was in front of the same guy at my last visit when he was asking me why I had not filled out a return to date, I recounted the bums rush story and he said that he remembered it well, it was himself that sent me away.

After looking at my dossier and my letters back and forth to them since I came up on their radar he said that had he understood my situation correctly he would have made me submit déclarations, as it is we are going back two years only as it will result in a partial  refund of taxe d'hab paid.

Where the confusion arose, and I have to confess I do work hard to make confusion into an art form!, was whether my family remained in the UK, I had always answered yes, my family being my sisters and nièces, he tells me now that being single I am my entire family unit and when I am in France my family is considered to be with me, I'm not arguing, I have had a peacefull time beneath the radar and now will be getting some money back.

[quote user="NormanH"]I had this so it should lead to the site:
I wonder if some areas are later however given the  staging of the deadlines

Madame, Monsieur,st

Vous avez opté pour la déclaration 100 % en ligne et nous vous en remercions. En 2014, comme plus de 4 millions de personnes, vous ne recevrez donc pas de déclaration de revenus papier.

Le service de déclaration en ligne est ouvert depuis le 16 avril.

Vous pouvez vous connecter avec votre numéro fiscal et votre mot de passe et sélectionner le service Déclarer mes revenus dans votre espace Particulier.

En fonction de votre département de résidence, vous devez déclarer vos revenus en ligne au plus tard le : 
mardi 27 mai : départements de n°s  01 à 19 ;
mardi 3 juin : départements de n°s  20 à 49 ;
mardi 10 juin : départements de n°s  50 à 974 / 976.

Nous vous remercions pour votre confiance.

La direction générale des finances publiques

[/quote]

I received the same email, in spite of the fact that last year I unchecked the three options presented every time I log in, having previously opted for the first two.

The reason is that after various computer, email service, and ISP problems I decided that La Poste could be a more reliable way of getting correspondence from les Impots.

But it seems that once one has opted in it is not so simple to opt out.