Credit Agricole, are you getting this b*******t?

Chancer

I have replied to them pointing out that the final paragraph allowed me to tick a box to say that I was refusing to answer! I think she meant that (she thought) it was obligatory for them to send it out...

I shall not be filling it in - can't now in any case as it does not appear any more.

H

Lucky you, it still comes up on mine every time.

So two people have complained and in both cases the message has ceased, maybe there is a god after all!

How did you contact them, was there a rubrique on your pages perso?

Its no different really to Santander where a message keeps re-appearing re downloading their security Tools, I tick on dont ask me again and it works but than maybe a month later up it comes again, I can cope with that and its a reasonable request written in reasonable terms, its the content of the CA one and their refusal to accept no for an answer that winds me right up.

Looking at the t&c's on the page for my caisse regionale (where I live, not where my a/c is), I note the following paragraph:

Utilisation de vos données à des fins de prospection

Conformément à la réglementation applicable, toute prospection par automate d'appel, courrier électronique ou fax, ainsi que toute cession ou location des données à des fins de prospection utilisant ces moyens, ne seront réalisées qu'avec le consentement préalable de l'utilisateur concerné à recevoir des prospections via ce canal ou/et à la cession de ses données.

Si vous acceptez de recevoir de tels messages de prospection de la Caisse régionale en cochant les cases d'acceptation prévues à cet effet sur le présent site, il vous sera possible à tout moment de revenir sur ce consentement, et notamment chacun des courriers électroniques de prospection vous offrira la possibilité de vous opposer pour le futur à l'envoi de nouveaux courriers électroniques de prospection par la Caisse Régionale de Crédit Agricole éditeur du site.

A tout moment et sans frais, vous pouvez vous opposer à toute prospection par d'autres moyens en écrivant aux contacts mentionnés au paragraphe « Modalités d'exercice de vos droits ». Les frais de timbre vous seront remboursés sur simple demande.

Now, if the questions they're asking aren't a des fins de prospection, I will mange my chapeau, so there's a free post address you can write to to tell them to stop, if all else fails. If they cannot prove they aren't going to start "offering you products which may be relevant to you" which boils down to prospection, then they should at least be able to cite to you how, why and on whose authority they are asking these questions.

By the way, this does appear to be a standard clause in the t&c's of all CA causes, so if you think it's worth it, have a check on your own and if all else fails, write to them, not forgetting to ask for a refund of the postage!!

[quote user="NormanH"]Yes that is our region.
We seem to be in luck this time...

Of course the devil in me says that there is no reason why Chancer shouldn't fill it in completely wrongly, pretending to be as wealthy as WB
[/quote]

If I were to tick any of them you can be sure as eggs is eggs that they will start pushing investments.

I contacted them by email via the "contact" section near the top of the page on their website. Then chose "suggestions or comments" - can't remember what the French was.

You seem to need to choose that as the alternative was to make a rendezvous with a conseiller.

Should they comment when I go into the bank I shall say that as far as I am aware they only give advice on their own products and IF I wanted investment advice it would be from someone who could give somewhat wider advice!

[quote user="nomoss"]Je pense que vous tous trouvez vos culottes en torsion pour rien [:D]

[/quote]

Pour ma part, aucun probleme au niveau des culottes. In fact, mes culottes sont un peu on the loose side. Je ne banque jamais en ligne so je suis all right, Jacques. Je pensais a Chancer, qui aime lutter pour les droits de l'homme dans la rue. ?