Help, I'm in Trouble

Bugsy

After 35 years and you don't know how to bluff ?[8-)][:D]

You haven't forgotten, you simply have arranged a surprise and didn't want to ruin it ! That should buy you some time.

dash out, book table / buy nice piece of jewellery/ organise flowers and chocolates/ get tickets for something ( easier said than done in deepest darkest France)/ arrange a get together with some friends?

I'm sure you will do good.

Forget all the material stuff, it doesn't really mean anything. Take her to somewhere beautiful and tell her lovely things.  Oh and just admit you forgot and take a bashing for it............[:D]

Bugbear - this will only ever work once............

Go out and buy a bunch of flowers - anything will do, but not too expensive. Before you get home, stop in a quiet spot and whack them against a wall - not too hard and only once. Then carry on home.

Approach your wife limping and with the best 'sad little boy' face you can muster, keeping the broken flowers behind your back. Retaining the sad face tell her how much you love her and whilst you realised this was a bit late, you had rushed out to buy her flowers. As you were walking back to the car, you tripped and fell on the flowers and really hurt your ankle at the same time.

Make sure you keep that sad face as you say, "I am sorry about these, but I really love you........." Produce the shattered flowers and stand-by for hugs and kisses and oodles of sympathy.

It works a treat providing you remember to limp for a couple of days......

If you forget to do this, you are dead meat!

No, I'm still around, just been very busy. Organised a meal with friends in the end and it went well. Wendy did own up to also forgetting the date, until my sister (who has every date of note programmed into her memory) phoned to say happy anniversary.

Thanks to all for the suggestions............................[:)]

My pennance has been to finally replace the last three old windows and a double-door with new double-glazed units.

I must get out on my bike......................

I must get out on my bike......................[:D]