Re: Sledging and snowballs

Weedon

I am a committee member in an ex-pat organisation here in France. Last night the chair-women took me to one side saying that other members have complained that I often behave in a juvenile manner and frequently make childish comments and that at my age (I am 68) I should act in a more mature manner. Furthermore she said we have to discuss this with the other members.

I told her that I was quite willing to discuss this but not until after the winter sledging and snowball fight season has passed.

I think you should open your hands, palms up.  Then place your thumbs on your temples still with your hands open palms towards them.  Wiggle your fingers whilst putting your tong half out of your lips and exhaling hard.

Sodding childish because you still have a sense of humour?  Cheeky bastards (hope my language doesn't offend)!

Ps.  I find it works better if you have a lot of spit in your mouth at the time and are standing close to the person in question too.[:D]

[quote user="just john "]

Sounds a bit of an ice maiden to me, nothing better than a snowball, this weather, perhaps you could give her one to loosen her up and get her out on the piste . . .

EDIT
[quote user="Weedon"]  Last night the chair-women took me to one side  [/quote]
You hadn't already had a few snowballs and seeing double were you? [:D]

[/quote]

Doh!! And I was going to write chair-person, then just chair, then I decided on....etc.

[quote user="just john "]

Sounds a bit of an ice maiden to me, nothing better than a snowball, this weather, perhaps you could give her one to loosen her up and get her out on the piste . . .

EDIT
[quote user="Weedon"]  Last night the chair-women took me to one side  [/quote]
You hadn't already had a few snowballs and seeing double were you? [:D]

[/quote]

JJ, you'd have to have dozens of snowballs before you are even half tiddley![:P]

[quote user="sweet 17"]  JJ, you'd have to have dozens of snowballs before you are even half tiddley![:P] [/quote]

Well a gentleman wouldn't want to overwhelm an unsuspecting Chairwoman, even if she was too straitlaced for her own good.
however for a connoisseusse one would naturally handshake a cocktail;[:)]  David Embury, in 1948, specified a Snowball as whisky, sugar, lemon juice, egg and ginger ale. (no accurate measures specified[Www]) My preference perhaps would be the ultimate here - http://savoycocktails.appspot.com/show?cocktail=ag5zYXZveWNvY2t0YWlsc3IPCxIIQ29ja3RhaWwYoA4M; nb the comment! Wouldn't take so many of these snowballs to send Madam down the slippery slope!