Re: Pink Toilet Rolls

Gardian

Coops, don't worry about looking white as a sheet at the moment.  Once you are back home and eating Mr Coops' nutritional meals, you too, will soon be in the Pink.

Not only that, think about being Pink with Pleasure when those docs say to Mr Coops, yes take her away please, she's too much of a handful for the medical staff to look after![:D]

My bathroom suite in Sussex came with the house and probably dates from the 70's, the colour is called mink, probably not far from the champagnes and indian ivories, it was naff then yet I loved it and still do, I suppose the best description of the colour is "tide mark" as it has yet to show one!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

[quote user="Pommier"]For S17 - when we lived in Cornwall our local tip was a lesson in recycling. They arranged the dumped items in groupings; garden dept, kitchen, bathroom etc etc and sold things for a nominal cost (£3 for a Suffolk Colt mower in perfect order!). You would certainly have picked up a pink bidet there! Other than hanging round your local dechetterie, try looking on Leboncoin, and you can put a 'wanted' ad there.[/quote]

Pommier, I have decided to make a virtue out of necessity.  I went to have a look at my pink bathroom and my pink, separate toilet since writing my post and, do you know, they really are just so pretty, if you don't think oh dear, this is terribly unfashionable.

What I most like are the tiles:  they are done French style, with very little grouting in between the tiles.  Not the modern way, with thick lines of "matching" grout.  I reckon there's more skill and workmanship involved in using minimal grout and lining up the tiles precisely.

Anyway, I have a very good sense of what looks good to me (if to no one else) and I don't care a fig for what is the "in" thing to do.

So....I shall carry on looking for a pretty pink bidet.

Who's to say that I'm wrong in deciding that Pink is the new White?  Anyway, I do have white in the other bathroom. It may be oh so tasteful but I have fallen in love with my pink bathroom.[:D]

I associate Pink with happiness and good things....as in "You look in the Pink.....what better compliment could there be?

[/quote]

Pink is very flattering - in your position I would be very tempted to go for a totally OTT Cath Kidston wallpaper to go with it - a little part of me loves it  (probably the little part I inherited from a favorite Aunt who had CK type wallpaper before it was CK wall paper if you know what I mean.....)

Well there's pink and there's pink. Pink toilet roll is a nasty lurid pink, (as well as being poor quality), but pale pink is kind of sweet. And there's a shade of pink that is almost but not quite lilac, (my friend has her living room walls done in that) - very subtle.

I like the idea of the warm pink friendly bathroom SW17, but we have just put a new one in our French house - white and slate. It looks handsome but could date quickly.

Rooting around in my mothers cupboards today I came across two boxes marked Armitage Shanks which originally had 3 bath size tablets of soap in, one box has one one remaining tablet of soap indented with the word 'Champagne' and the other has two tablets of soap marked 'Wild Sage' so it looks like you could not only buy coloured suites but soap to match !

You learn som'it everyday ...

Last night we had a serious downpour and some poor walker, drowned as a rat, knocked on the door wanting B&B. Told him : 'Sorry wrong door next one accross the lane' ... So took him there and the lady sorted him out etc ... As I walked by home, she rushed in a panick after me and ask if I had any spare loo rolls [8-)] We are sort of isolated here so we need to help each other as it were.

Yes I had, so gave her some and she said : 'So glad it's white ! because the coloured ones make a mess of my sceptic tank. You know they add clay, ink and nasty stuff to the fibres in the making of it and that gunk slows down the disintegrating of the paper, so it keeps blocking the drainpipes to the septic tank ' [:-))]

I made a quick mental note [I] : Pink toilet paper thread [:D]