Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh tea   pot, quiet here on the thread, but I ve done lots of things:!

Yesterday and today  was what we call in France " les journées du patrimoine". You can visit all sorts of monuments, some that are never open to the public but on those two days, ( even the Elysée, ) , castles, etc etc

You probably know I m fond of  castles , and history, so went to an abbey ( not Abbey road [;-)] ), and visited two castles.

The abbey was interesting, the first castle too, but the third.. wooow ..

I had passed in front of it several times thinking " what a beauty, this chateau renaissance!! "

Tonight I drove past it, and saw the gate was open, so I stopped. .

There was an exhibition outside, I read it, watched the pics, and walked around the building.

Suddenly an old man asked me " would you like to see the inside ? Of course I said " oh yes , I didn't know it was possible !!!"

There there was a beautiful room, with a 15th century massive fireplace, a wardrobe , same period, he explained lots of things to me, I asked him questions, and as he realized I was passionate about castles and history, he said" I ve written a book, I ll go get it at my place, in the meantime, please, do the guided tour if people come in.."

And he disappeared!! [blink]

There I was, and a first couple arrived, then two women, asking lots of questions, I enjoyed doing my guide job"! [:D]

The man came back, gave his book to me as a gift , as well as his name, address and tel number, he said I should call him this upcoming week, and he'll open the protestant temple just for me and will explain the whole history of the persecution of the protestants here in the region at the time of the religious wars in France.

Really nice encounter isn't it ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBGn5Lk3Nqc