Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me with this one folks.  I was listening to this on the radio this morning and when it came to the words "don't let yourself go" I couldn't help but think it might apply to me.

Some of you may know...well ok, one of you does.  I do live by myself but I do like to keep to certain standards, like dressing for dinner...no not DJ and dickey, just putting on some clothes.  Now my problem is that when that song was playing I just happened to be fiddling with the socks that Santa gave me, although I did notice that they came in an M&S pack so I don't know why M&S are bleating about how sales are down when Santa must be their best customer.  These socks come in a pack of 7, they have very risqué colours on the toes and heels (much more daring than my usual stuff although I still have the kipper tie I bought in the 1970s), but the feature of these socks are that they have the day of the week in the same colour of the toe and heel, on the bottom of the foot.  The thing is that I simply cannot be bothered putting on the socks to match the day of the week, not only that but I sometimes feel a bit rebellious and choose the wrong socks............am I letting myself go?