Strange e-mail date.

vette

I have received an e-mail from EDF to let me know that I can input my meter reading on line. I have just done that and was pleased to see that the amount of the next bill popped up. I'm happy with that.

What was strange though was that the e-mail was dated 01/01/1970

I know that France is a bit backward in some things but an e-mail from 45 years ago! Bizarre!

EDF clearly isn't very good with dates.

I pay for our electricity through a monthly prelevement, so every year after the a/c has been settled up, they send a statement of the proposed payments for the coming year.

This year's one came out with a 2013 date on it, but everything else was OK, so I ignored the obvious error.

They never strike me as a very efficient outfit (administratively), but we've never had a major problem, so ......

01/01/1970 emails normally mean the email was sent with no Date information in the header. Which bit of software are you using to look at the email ? PC or phone/tablet. Did you receive anymore with the duff date or just the EDF one

It could be a server problem as well - normally these things just sort themselves out.

You could look at the header information in the email to see what was sent, but to be honest, life is too short.

[quote user="Gardian"]EDF clearly isn't very good with dates.

I pay for our electricity through a monthly prelevement, so every year after the a/c has been settled up, they send a statement of the proposed payments for the coming year.

This year's one came out with a 2013 date on it, but everything else was OK, so I ignored the obvious error.

They never strike me as a very efficient outfit (administratively), but we've never had a major problem, so ......[/quote]

Be sure to pay it using 2013 rates!