Independence Day...

Kitty

Today, Independence Day, is my wedding anniversary (and I'm still married to the same man, 19 years on...)

I chose the date all those years ago deliberately as a kind of joke because no one had ever thought that I would marry.

In fact, marriage made me independent.  Did it for you?

We were married 15 years, Sunday week ago (25th June).  I honestly feel like the half of one whole - if you know what I mean. [blink]

Always said I would never marry - & if I did I'd never be a "June bride".  Seems to have worked out ok, though!!  Still get excited when he comes home - from just doing the shopping!!  [:D]  Sad - but true!! [kiss] 

[quote user="RayB"][quote user="Dick Smith"]Happy Independence Day to all USA forum members!
[/quote]

Thank you, Dick!

[/quote]

Hello Ray!

How are you?... you haven't been on the forum for a long while and some of us wondered what had happened to you...

Sincerely hope that all is well with you and your loved ones and that we may carry on sharing your company on the forum.

[:D]

[quote user="Cathy"]

In fact, marriage made me independent.  Did it for you?

[/quote]

Independance! You bet! so independant we are of each other after some 28 years of marriage that to see us both together is a very rare occasion.

On my wedding day no one warned me that I was marrying the Mother and not the son! From there it went pear shape...

It doesn't mean that we are a miserable couple. We have 2 lovely children who are doing well in their chosen field and for whom we are always united.  Otherwise we live our own lives apart, I work 9 to 5, he potters about his acres on his farm, we respect each other's hobbies and friends, share the kitchen and the bills for the same house...

So yes, marriage did make me independant... [:$]