Friday Euphorias

Chris Head

What made me feel good about the week was knowing that next week (Wednesday) we are off to our house in France for 3 (THREE) whole weeks!  Can't wait any longer.  The down thing is that I won't be able to check the Forum postings for 3 weeks as well, but hey, I am going to be in France, so who cares!

Kids broke up today - just as well, 38 degrees in some classrooms. Off to France next Wednesday for 4 weeks, serious work to do, like sorting photographs (if I get round to buying an external hard drive) and other stuff. Some writing, some planning, all quite cool.  Staff barbecue this afternoon, met some relatives of Cassis (the Tesco branch of the family), Julie at home today so she's getting dinner. No alcohol!

[quote user="Cassis"]No excuses, please.  You could always spend the entire 3 weeks in an Internet café or library ...
[/quote]

Tee-hee!  I AM going to enquire about connecting us to a telephone line and perhaps getting an internet connection, but it is rather low down the line of priorities (for the start, we can't get hold of our nice French builder so we don't even know if we have a kitchen! But we can camp in la cave downsatairs, I don't care, live on baguettes and cheese [and wine, of course]!).

Thank you, Twinkle.  I intend to have a very good time in France.  And as to the temperatures, it has been amazingly hot in London for the past few days too.  Probably global warming but I have to admit I love it!

Dick & Davieszak - if either of you are flying out of Luton, next Wednesday (seems to be a popular day to go to France!) - look out for Mark & me!!  We'll be the ones with all the cases, bags & looking very stressed!!! [:-))]

I'll buy you a drink - if you spot us!!! [:D]

Is it Friday?...

No can't be, 'cos was at work yesterday and was entertained last night at a Welsh gig...

ce matin..... quelle gueule de bois!....

will have to take more water with it next time!...

Actually the gig last night was great!

'Freshly Grounds' a group from Cape Town

'The Poppies' and 'Goldie Looking Chains' both group from Wales....

Didn't think I'd like rap very much, but with plenty of cider in... I'd kiss my enemies! .... and others and by that stage what do I remember!....

There's more tonight and tomorrow but OH is going out with his biking friends, so will have to be holding the fort...

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Staff barbecue this afternoon, met some relatives of Cassis (the Tesco branch of the family), ...

[/quote]

Did they behave themselves?  I bet you couldn't get rid of them - they never know when to go, always repeating.  They aren't as refined as our side, don't you know.

Ali, we will be going by motorail, so won't have a chance of bumping into you, however I will definitely be thinking about you on my travels and keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well!  I hope you will continue keeping us posted on this Forum as to how things develop.  And, as I am reluctantly going back home in August, you will be staying in France for good, you lucky thing!

Yours, green with envy, but wishing you all the very best!

Reading all your euphorics thoughts of living Blighty by the next possible ship, come what may!...is making me SO homesick!!!

sniff! sniff! waaah! Mummm! waaah! sniff! sniff!....

Any of you have the tiniest littlelest bit of room for little me?... Very good at travelling light, I can earn my keep as a good cook, butler and washeruper and I promise to be very good....

But then again... come September you will all be cursing to be back here and at work, coping with school runs, traffic jams, UK winter blues etc... and I will be off to Froggyland on the very first rocket to see my folks and my friends!...

Yeepee!... can't wait.....

Dick & Davieszak, it was very rude of me, not to wish you both a very lovely holiday, as well.  I'm a little preoccupied, at the moment & forgot my manners!!  [blink]

Happy Holidays!!  [:D]

Missyesbut - keep think of September & keep smiling - it'll be here sooner than you think!!  If you want to borrow my snail - he seems to be going like the clappers, at the moment & speeding up time!!  [:-))]

I hope you all have a great time . Who will I talk to over the next 4 weeks 2 days while i wait to go, Ali hurry up and get connected, cassis keep the tissues handy in case all goes belly up. and the rest of you have a great time and crack open that bottle of wine for me on the 23rd aug when i will be picking up my keys.................Hope the sun shines on you all 

Its friday and why am i happy this week ................well hubby rang today to say rest of tour cancelled and he will be home next week yeah...........[:D] The very loverly christine found me a great arieal photo of my new village.............All paper work /money is sorted and its only 3 weeks 4 days till I go to france what more could a girlie ask for [:D]